20. From a Mom's world

Thank you all for your votes and comments on the previous chapter.

Ananya packed her bag quickly, thanks to her extended weekend and the contacts she had, booking the earliest flight tight was easy. Cancelling most of the over-phone appointment and completing few important patient's session, she started to her home to pack her bag and board the flight.

Rudr, her fiance was waiting for her at the parking space. She smiled at him and felt really good when he didn't interrogate abiut her purpose of the visit or duration of the visit like an officer, he was a guy who love the 'me' space and respected her's. Maybe that's why their love turned into a life long commitment, they were so much alike.

Seeing her run inside the airport,  Rudr carried her single travel bag which was light unlike the other cases she made him carry, so a short stay there, he concluded.

"Take care and for the sake of our world's peace, take a deep breathe whenever you feel negative.", he seriously commented looking at the angry face.

"I am a therapist. Reminding you for the 87th time mister", she huffed irritatedly.

"Okay Okay.", he raised his hand surrendering and pulled her towards him for a good bye hug.

Rushing inside Ananya sat on her seat and kept tapping her feet impatiently, she left a huge breathe when she heard the final announcement. She is going to get the answers and she can't wait to ask those questions to her dear Ragi ma whom she idolized for so many years. Her heart prickled at the thought of her friend, the soul whose life is played so badly ignoring her say.

Her journey was tiring, exhausting but she cared the least and ran out of the airport to call a cab and recited the address like a mad woman making the driver think twice for accepting her ride.

She closed her eyes and leaned back on the back seat, trying to recollect all those things she wanted to ask her Ragi ma.

Kapoor's Villa

Adhitya and Yash looked at their mom who was adamant in sending them out for the day, the most confusing and unusual part is that she want the guys to take Agni with them as well. Adhitya came close and checked his mom's body temperature by keeping the back of the palm on her forehead making her chuckle.

It is true and wierd that Ragini was okay with sending her precious daughter with the stupid guys who are supposed to be her kids. Eventhough Yash wasn't her son, she claimed every right of showing mother's love to him since the day Adhitya introduced him to her.

"Mom, Are you really okay with sending Agni with me, with him, with us", Yash asks still confused with his lips slightly pouted.

Ragini laughs and pulls him for a hug along with her son and tells, "I know you people are yearning to spend normal time with Agni and You deserve it."

"Thank you ma", the heavy voice filled with guilt came and Ragini looked at Adhitya who was ready to jump back into the sorrow.

"But be careful, no risky behaviors and be responsible",she sternly dictated and left them.

After some time, Ragini sat down listening to the silence that whirls in her home. She wanted to have the home for herself when Ananya comes and confronts her.

The sound of car tire screeching the floor reached her ears and she mentally got ready to tell Ananya the reason, the reason a mom have to save her daughter.

"Hi Ragi ma, I will come to your room after I fresh up and I need answer", stated the girl who just entered the villa, Ananya.

"Sure, But the tone was accusing, work on it", Ragini replied in a firmly and turned her heels and went away.

Ananya looked at her friend's mom as if she got a glimpse of ghost, wasn't she the one to take an upper hand here? Calming herself she walked back to the guest room and took a quick shower to soothe the aching shoulders.

Ragini stood near the huge photo frame hanging in her room wall, slowly caressing the face of the 2 year old Pragya who was playing with her brother's tie as if it was the most interesting thing in the world, a happy family, they were.

Ragini moved and sat on her bed as she looked at Ananya who came inside her room and sat before her. Answers was the only thing she could see in Ananya's eyes.

"Abhi is my client", Ananya announced again to start the conversation.

"Oh, He is still receiving therapy?",Ragini asked nonchalantly.

"He is pathetic, Ragi ma. Survivor's guilt is killing him, he thinks that his Pragya is no more and what about their baby?", she was shooting the question at Ragini who calmly sat before her.

"That isn't survivor's guilt, Ananya. He killed Pragya, he is a murderer, who killed his own wife and baby. ", Ragini replied firmly, her chest was heaving for breathe and her fingers curled.

"Ma, I am asking you the whole story. Why is Abhi believing the pumpkin is dead and why the hell you are suppressing her memory? Her dreams are haunting her, did you hear that, her own memory is killing her peace"

"Yes. His memory will always suffocate her and that is the reason why I am doing this Ananya. So, you need to know how she married him, right? She was in love with that guy, hopelessly and helplessly. Married him without my wish, lived a life like hell with that chauvinist. He should have seeked help long ago, such inferior jerk", Ragini clenched the mattress to control herself.

"Only mistake I did was I kept quiet, I just stood by my word without lending a helping hand to her. I let my daughter go with that scoundrel"

"He loved her, he is still..", Anya was interrupted by Ragini who was now looking at her with grief evident.

"Will you ever live with Rudr if he manhandles you?", Ragini asked with her eyebrow lifted, a new emotion surfaced.

"Yes, I meant the physical and mental abuse, Anaya", she clarified her doubt even before it was questioned.

"Ma", Ananya placed her hand on Ragini balled fist with a shock flowing all over her body. Abhishek, the one she advocated, the one she was helping for wasn't the one she imagined.

"And will you leave your daughter in a place where a man who cannot control his emotion live? ", Ragini asked and now her eyes were full of anger, an emotion which could kill everything and itself.

"I saw him hurting my daughter infront of me, Ananya. I wanted to protect her and I am doing it and I will do it"

Ananya stood up trying to digest and assimilate the new piece of information.  She felt her heart beat fast with each word Ragini uttered. But her mind was still indicating he rone thing, Ragini was denying to tell the whole story. But Annaya wasn't going to leave it, this time she wanted to know it not for Abhi's sake but for her friend's life. Abhi was no where near her concern now, she totally forgot her purpose of visit with each revelation.

"What happened to their baby? And how did exactly Pragya lose her memory?"

____   ____

Ananya rushed out of the house with her bag inspite of Ragini asking her to stay. She got inside a cab and asked the driver to drive to the hotel near the airport. All the way to the hotel, Ananya often rubbed her palms together, trying to be mindful.

Getting inside her room, she threw the bag aside and picked her mobile to call her assistant.

"Cancel all further appointments with Abhishek Prem Mehra. And refer him to Dr. Aakash."

"No, I am not personally recommending this. He needs a psychiatrist, this reference is from the hospital side only, make this clear"

"I will not be repeating it. I don't want to have any more sessions with Abhishek. Thank you"

Thank y'all

Next update will be on or before 22- Nov

Yours Chashmish!