9. Flashes of Past

Thank you for your votes and comments on the previous update♥️ Love you all.

Abhi sat on the sofa caressing the sonagraphy print on the report. If he had been a little careful of his words and action that day, he would have been a father now,those thoughts crushed his heart.

Pushing the thoughts aside, he kept the report back in the file and walked up to his room. Switching on the light, he looked at his room.

"What the hell is happening in this house?", he screamed his lung out seeing his room totally rearranged, eliminating "their" things.

Bulbul who had reached the room, expected this kind of response. She prepared herself to explain her brother. Seeing his sister standing, he rushes to her and asks, "Why is my room like this?"

"I told Robin to do this, bhai", she replied with her gaze fixed on the floor

"Why? Where are her photos and Why is her cupboard missing?", he asked unable to take the complete absence of her in the room.

"I threw them away. They are stopping you from moving on, bhai.",she told him.

He clutched the door to prevent himself from doing something he would heavily regret. "I am doing this all this therapy only for you, so tell me where are they before I lose my temper", he told and his tone gave her slight shivers.

"She is stopping you from going ahead after her death too. She is your curse", bulbul threw her words without knowing it's intensity.

"Shut up Bulbul",Abhi roared making her stumble. He forced himself to maintain his posture, the veins in his temple started throbbing. She had been with him all these years but he never showed this side to her.

"Where are her things?", he screamed again. Tears flooded in her eyes experiencing her brother's wrath for the first time. The care, concern, love everything disappeared into the flame of anger that showed up.

Hearing their voices, Purab ran up to Abhi's room. Purab stood still seeing the Abhi like that and that gave him chills. He palely looked at Abhi and Bulbul, just then Abhi felt Purab's presence. The scene that was happening right now felt like a Déjà vu for him.

The creul memory of that day flashed his mind, Abhi's face immediately softened. Tears sheilded the bloodshot eyes, his lips trembled. This is the reason why she isn't here with him, alive.

Abhi loosens his muscles and raised his eyes to look at bulbul to seek an answer.

"Storeroom", she blankly replied after receiving the physical support from Purab.

Soon Abhi left downstairs, Purab patted Bulbul's back and tried calming her. "This must be difficult for him, bulbul. Let's not pressurise him"

Bulbul nodded and told "I haven't seen him like this before"

"I have", Purab replied as he remembered the past.

"When?"

"With Pragya. He had shown the worst side to her and you will never be able to imagine it bulbul.", Purab replied making Bulbul shut her mouth, she knew anything more will kindle all those memories she want the house to forget.

"Move", they heard Abhi's voice from behind. They turned to see him carrying her photographs.

They stepped aside so that he could move. He placed the box on the bed and sat down.

Looking at bulbul, he said "Her memories, it is the only reason I am still alive. Nobody have the right to remove them."

Feeling the tension in the air, Purab nods his head and takes his wife to their room.