15. Loyally Ditched

Adithya stood calm as he watched his sister and best friend looking at each other trying to tell the well known news to him.

"Okay, If you both aren't talking, I will take a leave.", he declared seeing over enthusiasts faking nervousness infront of him, Damn I am her brother and his best friend.

"Hey, Wait. We need to tell you this", Abhi called out as he intertwined his hands with her.

Adhi looked at it and gave a glare at Abhi who immediately firmed the grip and composed himself to talk.

Adithya internally sighed seeing these two nervously standing as if he was a beast and they were his prey.

Cumon yaar! I can't act anymore like I don't know about it.

"Adhi, We love each other", Abhi replied briefly making Pragya bang her head somewhere.

"Adhitya, we are serious about it", Abhi told firmly seeing the smirk in his bestfriend's face.

"And you have the audacity to come and talk about your relationship to me", he spoke maintaining his control over the rigid tone.

Pragya looked at her brother who was making them clueless with his words.

"Adhitya, Please I love him too.", she reminded her presence.

"Did I ask you anything?", he questions curtly and Pragya shuts her mouth.

"Now tell me Abhi, So this is what you do behind your friend's back right? And you, I thought I was friend more than a brother to you. Thank you guys", he tells them and walks off the place leaving the lovers disheartened.

Pragya let out a sob seeing her brother exiting the room and Abhi immediately held her in his embrace.

"I thought he will support us", she tells burying her face in his chest.

"I expected this, Pragya. We will try once more, let's make him understand", he tells her encouragingly.

"He likes you then why he is not approving our love?", she whined.

"Just because a man likes a person, he will not let him marry his sister, baby girl. And we are not her to let him approve our love, we are here to let him know about it", he told her while she shook her head not listening to his words.

He made her sit on the chair and pulled a water bottle for the fridge. "Here, have it"

She pushed it back to him and snaps at him back, "Abhi please". She looked tensed and unfortunately this made Abhi chuckle.

"Calm down Pragya", he pressed her shoulders and rubbed it later.

"How can I calm down, Abhi. He is angry with us and I didn't want this to happen", she screeched and her tone was breaking.

"We will try to make him understand as  much as we can. If he don't then..",he trailed and Pragya looked at him and cutiously asked, "then"

"We will see to it after we talk to Adhi", he pushed her slightly to the door and they both walk out.

"He isn't here. Must have gone", he said looking for him in the office cabin.

"To home?", she asks him.

"Mostly. Come let's go", he took her hand in his and walked off.

___

"I wish he hasn't said anything to mom", Pragya told him worriedly.

He looked at her confused yet calmed her down by side hugging her and muttered "He won't.  He is a sensible one"

"Mom will not be happy with this", she tells as she looked out of the window. She believed her brother would aupport her in every decision and was confident in this too but it turned out to a shock. She wasn't ready to have a thought on her mother's reaction to it, even her basic thinking could interpret that she will not encourage this relationship.