James

The war was going better than I expected but we still needed to find her father. If Michel didn't die tonight it wouldn't matter if we won or loss. We would be right back here after he rebuilt his army. 'Samuel, Jason, Kristoffer, Cody any sight of him?'

'No.' All my betes responded.

'Okay, just keep looking. He's the number one target.'

'Yes, Alpha.' They said and turned turned off the connection.

I continued fighting. Taking out as many enemies as I could when I felt it. The mating mark Claire placed on me all those months ago burned. Somthing was wrong. My ribs and shoulder ached like she had been hurt. I had to get to her. I had to find her. 'Samuel, something's wrong with Claire. I'm going find her. If you find him take the shot.' I really wanted to be the only to kill Michel but with my mate in danger her life became the up most importance. Samuel was more than capable of finishing the job.

'James, help me.' Her cry rang loud in my mind. I ran faster.

'Hold on love, I'm coming.' I reassured her. I had to get there. I had to save her but three large wolves came out of the trees meaning to attack.

Three against one wasn't my strong suit but I had to get to Claire. The wolves circled me and one lunged. In one snap of my jaws I broke the aggressors neck.

The two left lunged at the same time. I dogged and without missing a beat I jumped on the larger wolf and kocked him into a large rock. He was stunned for the moment. That gave me the time I needed for the smaller one. He was easy to kill. Almost to easy. The larger one recovered and we stalked each other waiting on one of us to make the move.

'James, I'm not going to make it.' Her thoughts were weak. I could feel her pain and it was worse by the second.

I lunged at my opponent using my range and desire to get to my Claire to help me defeat him. 'I'm coming, keep breathing.' I pleaded to her. She can't die. We had to much we still had to do. She had to have our pup, she had to be a mother. She was going to be a wonderful mother. We had to get revenge on her father. I had to make it in time. I pushed my self harder, faster. Just around the bend in the creek and I would be there.

'Alpha James it's done. Michel is dead.' Samuel's voice called over. I didn't have time to reveal in our victory. My mate, my pregnant mate was dying. I could literally feel her life fading. I came around the bend and finaly I was there.

I could smell her blood befor I saw her. The smell burned my nose and made my stomach lurch. I heard her attacker's growls. Slowing down as to not alert anyone was there I came out of the trees. The wolf was about the size of me and his fur so dark it was almost black. His eyes were locked on her ready to kill, his teeth dripping with her blood. 'James I'm sorry, I love you.' Her thoughts were barely a whisper. I looked at Claire. My pretty Claire with her pretty red wolf. A red wolf was a rear phenomenon making her all the more special, all the more unique. She was also the strongest most stubborn person I got the privilege to know. Her body was still, a pool of blood was collecting around her. She was still in wolf form although it wouldn't be long befor she shifted back now that's she was unconscious. I could hear her heart but it was weak and the baby's heart was fast, to fast. The wolf above her was inches from her neck when I jumped on him bringing him to the ground.

We faught, ripping fur and skin. I had him by his scruff at one point but he escaped my grasp. 'Somone get your ass over here and help me kill this asshole.' I screamed though the pack link and I felt several pack members head this way. This punk faught in a way that made me confidence he must be Claire's brother. He tackled me tearing at my side. I howled in pain but that didn't stop me. I rammed him full force causing him to go off balance. I took that opportunity to repay the gash he gave me leaving one on his shoulder.