War

It was the morning of the attack. At some point befor the day is done we will be in full war. The sun was blazing though the windows bright and hot on my sleepless face. The happy birds singing right outside the window teased me with their songs. I hadn't slept a wink and though James and I never spoke I knew he didn't either. One way or another this was going to end. The question was who was going to be dead at that end, witch pack wouldn't exists anymore.

My stomach was in knots, between the pup turning flips and the butterflies due to what to come I felt sick. I jumped up, James sat up at my quite movement. I ran to the bathroom slammed the door and threw myself in front of the toilet. My stomach lerched, causing me to heave and gag. My stomach was already empty so nothing came up. All I could do was painfully dry heave.

I was sitting back leaning against the wall whe James walked in. He looked tired, older. His glass green eyes held none of their brightness and dark circles made them look sunken in. Stress lines so deep took up residence on his forehead I wondered if they would be permanent.

He got a washcloth soaked it in cold water, sat next to me and started whipping my face and neck. The cool water felt good on my clammy skin. "You don't need to be down there today. Please let me send you to a safe house." He was begging. The thought of me being down in the middle of the war was driving him crazy.

"James, you know why I have to be there. Of I'm not there how are we going to get the other to stop once to kill Michel. " It was true I needed to be. There was no way I would allow anyone to risk everything for me when I couldn't do the same. I was scared and worried of course. I feared for my unborn pups life but if we didn't win this it wouldn't matter if I hid or not. Michel would find us and kill us. At the end of the day if we loose I and my child will be dead. I will either die on the battlefield or die somewhere else.

He gave me a sad smile and stood up. "Then we better go." I took his hand and he pulled me off the floor. We dressed and ate. The dinning hall was quiet despite the 100s of wolves pack in. Some were from our pack but a lot were made up of warriors and fighters from our neighboring packs. They really stepped up sending us all the help they could spare. Looking around I felt just the slight bit more confident. Close to 1000 wolves filled the house and camped on the grounds.

James stood up and all eyes were on him. "I want to thank everyone here. People from my own pack your loyalty and respect will not go unnoticed. Those of you from other packs we are forever in your det. We are a strong pack. Our enemies will never be as strong as us because we have reason to win this. Our Luna is being threatened. That is a treat to all of us! We will defend what is ours. We will defend our future. We will win this war!" Growls and cheers filled the room. Immediately the atmosphere of the room lifted. Hope became prominent. I just hoped that hope was enough.

This was the longest day of my life. Nothing but one big wating game and no way of knowing when shit will hit the fan. We spent most of the day in wolf form traveling from group to group. Since we didn't know witch way the attack will come from we had to spread us out around the territory so we could to be ready on all sides. That makes the concern of getting hit to hard at once but our speed in wolf form would hopefully be enough to make up.

Shortly after 11:00pm we heard the warning. A long howl anncouned the impending attack. We were on the on the western side and the call came from the southeast 'Let's go, southeast. We're on our way guys just hang tight, two minutes.' James called the entire pack and we took off.

James and most of the others were faster than me but at this point James was more worried about getting to the attack sight than he was keeping tabs on me. We had our link and the bond. Both would tell us if the other was hurt, or worse. 'Keep me updated on where your at and how your doing, Claire.' He addressed just me.