The Pack

I followed closely as he lead me down the stairs and though more halls. How many halls and doors can this place possibly have! I asked myself. James finaly stopped at a large archway that opened up into a room full of bench style tables all lined up in vertical rows. At the front of the room was a single table with large elegant wooden chairs on the side of the table facing the rest of the room. What I assumed to be pack members laughing and talking loudly were scattered throughoutthe room. Some were standing, some sitting but when we entered the room silence feel over the room. Everyone stood up making a path for their alpha to walk past. James lead me to the front table and pulled one of the large chairs out for me to sit in the middle of the table. I took my seat and he sat next to me. The room erupted back to life. After seven minutes James stood up again and I noticed 4 men one of witch was Dr. Lunar, my boss and 2 women came up to the front table with us taking seats on either side of us. Dr. Laura gave me a warm smile as he took his seat next to me. The rest of the hall got quite and watched us at the front. James spoke in a loud authoritative tone.

"Befor I have the servers come out I wish to make an announcement" he said "as you can see the seat next to me had been filled tonight for the first time since I took over my father place as alpha. This young lady next to me" he smiled down at me and my face went hot "is Claire Dark. Yes she is a Dark!" Whispers broke out at the sound of my last name "BUT, she is my mate and your future Luna. I expect every one of you to treat her with the same respect you treat me. I hold everyone in the room responsible to pass this information along to the rest of the pack not with us tonight. We will have a full celebration in her honor at a latter date. The entire pack is required to attend I'll get back with you on when. And with that LETS EAT!" James shouted and the servers flooded in bringing trys and trays of food.

There was whole chickens, hams, rost, pies, soups and so much more. My mouth salivated as the smell filled the room. Plates and bowls were passed around and I didn't have to be told twice before mine was full of a little bit of everything. After I finished off the main course I loaded up on sweets. James laughed as he watched me dig into a rather large slice of chocolate pie. Several of the pack members came up to say hello, some mentioned how I was a blessing to the pack others congratulated James on finding me. No one mentioned my father or asked how 'wolf' I really was. A silent understanding seemed to be made when it came to the subject of me.

The night went on full of laughter and taking. Everyone enjoined themselves as we watched the room. James would whisper names and ranks as members would come up Dr. Lunar who told me to call him Jason also helped introduce me to everyone. Luckily I didn't have to do much talking as everyone seemed to want to do the talking. Things seemed very together, this place started to feel like home.

When the night came to an end and the hall was slowly emptying James asked if I wanted to head back to my room. I agreed and he lead me though the remaining people. They bowed their heads as we walked past and several clapped James on the shoulder. His half smile giving away the pride he felt.

The hall with the living quarters was quite. Everyone was either in their rooms or still in the dining hall. James stopped at my door and handed me a golden key. "I had one of my men put in a lock. We don't really have a lot of privacy in this house so no doors have locks except my office but I figured you're so new here you probably want the security" he said thoughtfully.

"Thank you" I took the key and unlocked my door. James stood at the doorway. "You can come in if you wish"

He did so coming closer to me grabbing my wrists. The electric charge shot up my arms and James laughed at my reaction. He pulled me into a tight hug his cheek resting on the top of my head. "You must be tired, it's been a long day. Why don't you go shower and go to bed. I'll see you in the morning, little wolf" I nodded in agreement. I was tired.