~The Great Sphinx~

AN: Along with the chapter I am proud to announce that this story officially has over 2,000 reads!!! Thank you all so much and I hope you continue to enjoy the story. This one is so much fun.

Princess Malocoti's directions led them to the deserts of Krell, where they hope to find the Sphinx, in order to find where the Yalexian pearl was.

"Anyone else feel tired?" Hunk asked with a slight yawn.

"No/No." Literally everyone replied. Including the lions, even Yellow.

"Okay. Just asking. It's been a while we've, you know, not been fighting or adventuring, or anything." The Yellow Paladin says.

"You think we have it bad? At least our life force didn't get drained to fuel a whole planet. Princess Allura still hasn't fully healed from it." Keith says.

"Allura's strong. It'll take time, but she'll recover." Lana assures him and the others. "By the way, what was the thing Malacotic said we had to find? A Ziga... rut? Zigarat?" She asked.

"Ziggurat. It's a step-pyramid." Pidge answered.

"And what is a pira-med?" The alien princess asked.

"A pyramid, is a triangle shaped stone monument from the country of Egypt on Earth." Keith answered.

"Actually, while pyramids are primarily found in Egypt, they have been discovered in other parts of the world. Such as Mexico, Africa, even Asia." Pidge adds on.

"They must be important to be built in so many places. What is their purpose?" Lana asked interested.

"Depending on the location, they can have many different uses. Usually, they're used as tombs for the dead or to stash valuables, some are temples where people go to prey to gods of a certain religion. Though there is still so much we don't know and these are mostly theories." The green paladin replies.

"We had temples like that on Altea. Many had pictures in them depicting the ancients times." The altean girl says.

"They're in pyramids on Earth as well. In Egypt, they're called hieroglyphs. Carved into the walls, many believed they were left as a message." The other girl says.

"Hey, wasn't there a theory that the pyramids were built by aliens?" Hunk says.

"Yes, and they were. I'm pretty sure this whole alien space adventure and finding a ziggurat on an alien planet thing proves it." Keith proclaims.

"Keith, that may be true, but this doesn't actually prove that aliens really built the pyramids on Earth. Besides, this so-called ziggurat might not even be like the ones found in Egypt, or anywhere on the planet in general." Shiro states.

"Look! Over there!" Hunk exclaims and points to a monument amongst the sand.

(AN: This is the Ziggurat depicted in the comic. Also with the extensive pyramid talk, I guess it's appropriate to admit I went through an Egyptology phase back in middle school. Actually, maybe even before that. Anyway, look up about the facts shared here. I assure you they're real.)