~Two Princesses and A Dragon~

AN: I just love this song, and this video.

A lot of times, it seemed like just yesterday, she was on Altea, having fun in the castle, no war, no fighting, peace. Just yesterday, she was learning alchemy with her sister from their mom and taking combat lessons from their uncle. Then they were playing in the juniberry fields. Yet at the same time, it felt so long ago. So close, yet also so far.

"...na? ...Lana? Lana!" The girl snaps out of her daze and turns to Shiro, the person that was talking to her.

"Sorry, what?" She asks.

"Are you joining us? To find the princess?" The Voltron leader asks.

"Huh? Oh, yes! Sorry, I was lost in thought." The altean princess apologized and walks over to her team.

"Can we get going then?" Keith said, a little impatiently. Lana silently giggled while rolling her eyes, as they began walking towards their lions.

"You think we should contact Allura and Amue, and tell them what happened to Coran?" Pidge suggested to the others.

"Yeah, we might be a little late getting back." Keith agrees.

"I hate to worry them, but I guess you're right." Shiro says.

"Trust me, they'll worry more if we don't contact them." Lana tells them.

~Alaina of Voltron~

Meanwhile, back on the Castle of Lions, Blade had just come out of his room, the one Voltron lent him for his stay on the ship, when something suddenly zoomed past him. 

He turned to see Allura riding on a hover chair down the hallway, with her mice. Wasn't she supposed to be resting? He followed her to the ship bridge, where her chair began spinning out of control, so he quickly caught her and stopped it.

"Princess? Are you alright?" He asked her. She was clearly dizzy, with her hair in disarray. She managed to regain herself and notice the other person in the room.

"Oh, Blade, hello." She replies, then notices her hair. "I'm fine, just a bit winded is all." She says while fixing her hair. Just then, Amue came onto the castle bridge.

"Wha-? Princess? What are you doing out of bed? You should still be resting." The altean handmaiden says and rushes to the princess's side when a call came on the castle's com system.

"Princess, Amue, Blade." Shiro greets, along with the rest of the Paladins.

"Oh, Paladins. How is your training going?" Allura greets and asks, then notices something. "Wait... Where is Coran?" She asks the whereabouts of the missing royal advisor.

The Paladin all give worried looks, then proceed to explain the situation at hand. Coran was currently being held by Kythulian Mu, the gruff overseer of the Mu quadrant, as penance for a debt he owned 10,000 years before, and the only way to get him back was to retrieve the mysterious Yalexian Pearl.

"I always knew Coran's gambling habits would catch up to him." Amue sighed.

"Yalexian Pearl, you say?" Blade questions.

"Yes. Have you heard of it, Blade?" Shiro confirmed then asked.

"Only rumors. It's said to be an extremely rare and valuable jewel. Its name comes the creature that convenes it, the Yalex." The masked replied.

"Do you know what the Yalex is then?" Pidge asked.

"Unfortunately no, as no one has ever come back from confronting it." Blade replies. Oh boy...