~Across the Universe~

AN: Hi everyone! Sorry for not updating this story in a while, I've been busy with other projects... but I'm back, and we've also hit, over 4,000 reads! Yahoo! Now along with that, it's time we kick off season 2! 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Start!

The Paladins of Voltron succeeded in getting back Allura and "Blade", aka Lotor, back from Zarkon's clutches. However, something happened to the wormhole they tried to use to escape. Now the paladins were separated, scattered across the galaxy away from the castle and each other.

"Alaina!" Allura cried out, but her sister didn't reply. "No... They've all vanished through the temporal rift! They're all gone!" She states distraught. Her sister, the only blood family that she had left, was lost in space.

~Alaina of Voltron~

Meanwhile, with the Paladins, Shiro and Keith both crash on a rocky deserted like planet, with Shiro still injured from Haggar. While Pidge crashes into some sort of trash nebula with no gravity, screaming as she collides with some of the larger pieces of debris, Green eventually stopping at the impact.

"Huh? What's the matter, girl?" Pidge asks as she checks over her lion.

"My systems are down. The corrupted wormhole and the crash must be why. I'm out of commission at the moment." The lion replies with a groan.

"Okay, rest up a bit. I'll see what I can do." The green paladin says back then looks at their surroundings. "Looks like there's no gravity here. It's like some sort of, trash nebula." She observes, taking a deep breath to calm herself.

"Okay, Pidge, stay calm. You know what they all say. "When you get lost in space, the best thing to do is stay put and wait for people to find you"." She says, despite the fact that wasn't an actual saying. "This'll be nice. I'll have some "me" time." She adds while tapping her finger on her helmet.

"You know, the first sign of someone going crazy is usually when they start talking to themselves." Green comments with a slight snicker. Pidge huffs, but doesn't deny her lion's words.

~Alaina of Voltron~

Back with the Castle of Lions, the ship was still stuck in the corrupted wormhole, being tossed by the hole's current as they flew, unable to get out.

"Let's check the Rift Exit Positioning Monitor, to see where this wormhole is taking us." Coran says, while looking over the systems.

"Coran, look! There appears to be something at the end. We're heading right toward it." Allura alerts.

"What is that?" Lotor asks, his mask still covering his face.

"Scanners show that there's no exit. It's just nothingness." Coran replies. "We need to find an exit before we run smack into the void!" He instructs. Allura quickly opens a bunch of windows, trying to do just that. Key word being: Try.

"I can't. I've lost control of the Castle." She replies, just as they approach the void.

"Brace yourselves! Cause we're about to hit it!" Coran warns.

"Princess!" Lotor shouts then engulfs the princess in a protective hold, just as the Castle hits the void.

"Let's check the Rift Exit Positioning Monitor, to see where this wormhole is taking us." Coran repeats his earlier words, only...

"Ah! We're okay!" Allura says as she and Lotor separate to see they were fine.

"That's a relief." The masked man sighs, just as relieved.

"What are you two talking about? We've lost all the lions! And Alaina!" Coran exclaims panicked. Huh?

"We just smashed into a black void. Don't you remember?" Allura says, then sees one of her mice on her shoulder, but it wasn't a mouse. "What? What happened to the mice? They've all transformed." She says, as all four mice were now some sort of squirrel creature.