Six

When we left the park yesterday, all we had done was make various jokes about my voice when it cracked. We decided to pause the singing and take what had been sung and note any relevant ideas. We produced a good amount before everyone crashed at Trevver's place. I was the last to fall asleep. While I was up, I figured that folding thing out. Now, I can hide my wings at will.

Today is Tuesday. 4 days until the open Mic. In the event that all else fails, I probably should write a backup. But what about? I was the first to wake up, so I decided to fly somewhere. I made sure I was high enough that I wouldn't get noticed, but I landed atop a skyscraper. I find it amazing how quickly I adjusted to the height. Then again, I am a thrill seeker.

There was a door that took me to the inside of the building. Luckily, the person I was looking for worked at the top of these thirty stories. I found the office I was looking for and the owner was there, taking a phone call. "Kelly!" She put the phone down, "I heard about everything!" She began closing the blinds to the windows. "I'm glad you did, mom." I said, hugging her.

"Are you okay?"

"Yea. I learned a few tricks rather quickly after having them for a bit."

"Well..." she looked at my back, "Where are they?"

"Oh yea, hold on." I moved any furniture out of the way that could get knocked over, and expanded my wings from my back. Her face looked both amazed and sickened.

"Wow... can I touch them?" She stuttered. I nodded, turning for her to graze her hand over my feathers. "They're beautiful... I honestly feel terrible not being home to see this!"

"It's okay, mom. That's why I came to show you." I hid my wings again, taking my mother's hands.

"No, I should have been home with you and Jacob. When did this happen?"

"Monday, but it was during your working hours."

"Something told me to call you up and I ignored it. Please forgive me, love."

Mom!" I pulled her into a tight embrace. "Of course I do."

She smiled at me, putting a kiss on my cheek. "I also found your web pages."

I covered my face with my hands, "Don't be mad at me!"

"Why? I just need to know if you want mommy doing your finances and contracts when you're signed.

I peeked through my fingers. "You saw me say I'm doing the open Mic?"

She nodded, "Text me the details because I'm not missin' it for the world."

I hugged her again, placing a kiss on her cheek. "I will. I have to go now but I'll call you later."

"Okay, darling. I love you."

"Love you, mom."

After I arrived back at Trevver's, the girls and I went to our homes. I took a shower and put on fresh attire. I probably should have done that before I left to see my mother. But at the time, I just missed my mother a lot.

I sat on my bed, surfing through my phone's apps. I could play a game, post to a network, or contact someone. The first thought was my father. He and mom broke up over six years ago. He was too much about himself. I sighed, going to his contact information. After a while of staring, I pressed the call button. A raspy voice spoke through the phone. "Hello?"

"It's me."

"Kelly?"

"Yea..."

"Kelly, baby, you're all over the news! Why didn't you call me sooner?"