03. are monsters born or created?

Start from the beginning

"The Originals." Dwayne commented.

"Yes, how'd you know?" I mused.

"I've done my research." he chuckled slightly.

"However," I continued, "nature is a balancing act. For every strength granted, there was also a weakness. The sun that granted life now burned us upon touch and kept us forever in the dark. The vervain grown from the white oak tree burned us and prevented mind compulsion. Finally, for being born from blood, we were cursed with a terrible blood lust that consumed our every waking moment.

"Due to our hunger, we massacred half of our village, including the woman whose blood created us. We couldn't stop ourselves, this was completely new for all of us. Later on, we discovered that I wasn't just a vampire. I was also a witch. I had inherited these abilities from an ancestor, I just didn't realize it until a little while after I became a vampire. I was the next witch to get the heretic gene from my mother's bloodline." I finished.

"What about the tree?" Marko asked in awe.

"We burned it. So now nothing can kill us, not even a normal wooden stake. We can also walk in the daylight since my mother made us daylight amulets, or in our case; daylight rings. She enchanted seven golden rings with lapis-lazuli stones for the seven members of the Original Family of vampires. Although we cannot be destroyed by the sun, the sun will burn us before we heal. Without our rings in the public, we would expose ourselves as vampires." I informed.

"Wow." Paul sighed. "So you're like a thousand years old, I can dig that."

"I'm glad you feel that way." I playfully rolled my eyes. I don't think anyone knew what to say after that, I think they were all just accepting what I had just told them. It was a lot to take in.

"What was yesterday all about?" David asked.

"I saw something." I vaguely replied.

"What was it?" He urged.

"She doesn't have to say it yet if she doesn't want to." Paul interjected.

"No, I may as well say it now." I sighed. "When I met Paul for the first time, he shook my hand and I got a vision. I called my sister and she thinks it's to do with the witch side of me. She's going to ask my brother since he'll probably know more about it."

"What was the vision?" David inquired.

"It was Paul dying. He was in a bathtub being burned alive, I'm guessing by holy water. When he did die, blood came shooting out of the pipes, it all went everywhere. The same thing happened for Dwayne, when I wrapped my arms around him I got a vision. He got shot in the heart by a wooden arrow, he fell back into a stereo and it blew up. I don't know what any of it means, I'm trying to figure it out. It could be something that will happen in the future, I'm not sure. That's why I'm being careful around you and Marko, I don't know what to expect." I described, not looking any of them in the eye.

"What the fuck." Marko sighed.

"Do you know when this will happen? Or who's responsible?" David wondered.

"No, I'm sorry." I replied, feeling guilty. "I wish I did, maybe it'll get clearer or I'll get more visions at some point."

"It's okay, it's not your fault." Paul rubbed small circles on my hand.

"I think we should keep this from Max if you haven't already told him." David continued when I shook my head to let him know I hadn't told Max. "If we know when and if it will actually happen, then we'll inform him. Plus, we'll be more prepared for when the time comes."

The boys nodded in agreement.

"What did Paul mean earlier?" I suddenly remembered to ask them.

"What do you mean?" David asked.

"What'd you say now, dumbass." Marko rolled his eyes.

"I can't remember." Paul shrugged.

"Pothead." Marko mumbled.

"I heard that." Paul huffed.

"I know, it was intended for you to hear." Marko replied with a Cheshire-like grin.

"He said you all feel something for me or something like that." I answered shyly, which was uncommon for me. I was nowhere near shy.

"He's not wrong, I didn't want anyone to say anything until we were sure." David confessed. "There's a possibility that you're our mate."

"All four of you?" I wondered with scrunched eyebrows.

"Yes, it's rare but you could be a mate to all of us which would make you our pack mate." Dwayne explained this time, maybe he knew more about it. He did seem more intelligent than the rest if I'm being honest.

"That would explain the certain pull I feel towards you all." I admitted.

"You feel it too?" Paul asked hopefully.

"I guess I do." I gave him a small smile.

"Elizabeth." David called.

"Yes?" I looked over at him.

"I think you should try touching Marko and me, it could help." he proposed.

"Okay." I agreed after having a mental debate about it. I went over to Marko first since he was the closest. I sat in between him and Dwayne, I looked at Marko before grabbing his left hand and holding it in both of mine.

This time, all the boys were together. They were hanging upside down sleeping. Then a voice spoke to the sleeping vampire and staked Marko in the heart. I didn't want to see anymore so I retracted my hands from his pretty quickly.

"What was it, angel?" Marko questioned quietly.

"You got staked while you were sleeping." I murmured, they all heard me though.

"They came to the cave?" David queried.

"I guess so. But the voice, it was a boy, he said something to Marko before he did it. He sounded really familiar." I confessed.

"Think, doll. Try and remember." Paul urged.

I thought back to all the people I've spoken to. I felt under pressure and a little panicky while trying to think of who it could be. I couldn't recall where I heard that deep, gruff voice.

I felt a hand on my thigh, it was Dwayne. I looked at him and he had a concerned look on his face.

"I'm sorry, I don't know who it was." I replied guiltily.

"It's okay, we'll figure it out." Marko rubbed small circles on my hand.

"Maybe you should try David." Dwayne suggested. I nodded and made my way over to him, when I got to him he pulled me into his lap and put his gloved hand on top of mine while rubbing small circles with his thumb.

They were in a house, David was pushing a boy backward. They were both floating in the air, then the boy turned them around and pushed David into what I'm guessing were antlers of an animal. I couldn't take it anymore, it was all too much.

"I'm sorry, I still don't know. I— I have to go." I quickly said and left the cave to get away from the place as soon as possible, which was kind of easy since I was a vampire.