Chapter 1-The Begining

~Intro~

A long time ago, there was this boy who had a dream to catch all the Kanto Pokemon. Some say he's still out there. I know he is. That boy's name is Red, and he just so happens to be my big brother. I don't know if you've heard of him before, but people are always amazed when I say that I'm his little brother. I mean, I know he won the Kanto league in his day, but ever since he left to find that Mew and finally complete the Pokedex, me and my mom haven't heard from him. People say he sorta lost it after a while, being alone in the mountains and all. Me and my mom moved to the Hoenn region a few weeks ago, just after I turned 14, to start a new life, just the two of us. She still misses him, and she writes him all the time. I miss him too, I guess. I mean, I've never met him before, but I think having a brother around would be pretty cool. My name, though, my name is Leonardo, and I'm gonna be just like Red, you'll see! 

~Oldale Town, Hoenn Region~

"Leonardo! Get your lazy carcass out of bed! We got stuff to do today!" Ugh... not how I wanted to be woken up that day. "And no sneaking out in the tall grass! You know it's dangerous" my mom contuinued to yell. It's not my fault I wanna catch a Pokemon, everyone wants to! Especially since I've been able to be a trainer for four years. She wouldn't let me go to Professor Oak's house no matter how many times I begged. Well, up and at 'em. After carelessly throwing on a t-shirt and some cargo shorts, and a quick breakfast, I went donwstaris to see what horror my mom would bring me today. As I left my room, my eyes lingered on my favorite poster: a picture of a Charizard engulfed in flames. 

"Leo, come out here and help me with the garden, those Sentret have been eating our cucumbers again!" my mom shouted from outside. Ugh, not those guys! I hate them! There were about 4 or 5 of them living in the woods that were just across the street from our house, and they were the perfect models of causing trouble, and a right old pain in my glutes.

After an hour of fixing up our garden again, I looked towards the forrest and saw one of the Sentret standing on its tail. It didn't seem like it was doing anything, but then it started pointing at me with an amused look on its face. That dang thing was mocking me! I picked up my shovel and followed it into the forrest. I heard my mom yelling something, but I was to far into the forrest to really hear what she was saying. 

The Sentret was fast, but not many people, or even Pokemon, can outrun Leo! After a little while, though, I stopped to catch my breath. Boy, that Sentret could run! A Pidgey landed nearby and started pecking at some leaves, and I could see a Deerling gracefully prancing about, not a care in the world. Dang, I wanted to be that Deerling. Then I remembered that I was looking for the Sentret. I was so tired that I forgot where it ran off to. I looked around for any sign: footprints, fur, anything. Eventually it came to me that I lost it. How could that little punk of a Sentret get away from me? I kicked at a tree to let out some of my anger, but I only ended up hurting my toe. I started walking around again, this time just looking for a way out of the forrest, since I was lost.

Up ahead, I saw what looked like a clearing. I glanced up through the leaves; it was getting dark out. I ran for the clearing as fast as I could so I could see the sun better. I pushed through low hangng branches and leaves and found myself standing in the clearing. Only, there was a small wooden sign nearby that told me that this clearing wasn't a clearing. I'd ran all the way through the woods to Littleroot Town! 

>>> Hey folks! Hope you liked my first piece of Wattpad work! Sorry for the cliffhanger, but admit it. You're hooked already. I've been thinking about Red's family ever since I watched Origins,  and I thought that Red having a little brother would be so cool! Anyways, remember to vote and comment folks! Until next time...