Chapter 8- Dewford Dilemma

~Dewford Town~

Dewford Town was one of the quieter places to visit in Hoenn. It was a small beach town with just a few houses and a Pokemon Center. Also built near the rocks was the Dewford gym. All the buildings were built on the sand, seeing as the rest of the island was rock. I'd heard from Ash that the gym there was a fighting type gym. That got me started thinking about the battle. I knew Poochyena was at a disadvantage there, but we would have to figure something out.

The day we got there, Ash and Brock wanted to explore Granite Cave a little bit before I started to prepare for the gym battle. They led me north of Dewford Town and west to a small cave entrance. The inside of the cave was a lot like Rusturf tunnel, but the rock in Granite Cave was a darker red color. Red...I can't stop worrying about him, but what should I do about it? I thought to myself. I cast aside the thought, trying to focus my jumbled mind on exploring Granite Cave.

"Leo, you look down. What's up?" came Ash's voice from ahead.

"I don't know. Just thinking about Red."

"Well, don't worry about him, he doesn't seem to want to hurt you. I think that he'll leave you alone for now," said Brock. I paused at those words, thinking about what Brock said. I mean, he was right. Deep down, Red didn't seem to want to cause me harm. Sure, there was the Charizard incident, but I don't think he meant for me to get hurt as bad as I did.

"I guess," I replied, "Ash, how much longer?"

"We should be at the room soon, Leo," he said.

Ash led on through the poorly lit tunnel until we came to a stairwell hewn from the rock. We descended the stairs until we came to a doorway. The room that we all entered didn't seem special at first glance, but I looked around and proved that wrong. It was a somewhat narrow room, but Brock, Ash and I could all walk next to each other. There were some steps that led to a stone platform. We walked up to the platform and stood there, looking at what was on the wall. There were cave paintings on a huge wall. There was a painting of a Kyogre and a Groudon, and they appeared to be fighting. There was also a bigger green Pokemon that looked like a huge snake, which I recognized as Rayqauza.

"That's so cool!" I exclaimed, admiring the art.

"Yeah, try seeing that fight in real life, though," Ash said with a laugh.

"Hah, I'll say." After looking at the painting and taking a few pictures, we left the room so that I could go train.

"I know the perfect place you can train, Leo. Follow me." Ash led on back to where we entered Granite Cave, but this time he led us away from the entrance and to a stone staircase that led to an upper room of the cave. We climbed the stairs and found ourselves in a much larger room than the painting room and the entrance room. That room was darker than the others, so I let Combusken out and told him to light it up. Combusken led the was as our group walked through the room. This one was much more open than the others and was relatively easy to navigate. We had walked about 30 feet when we heard something scrape on the rocks. Combusken turned around and lit up the area where the noise came from. Two people and a Meowth were standing in our path, the humans holding Pokeballs. The guy, who had blue hair was dressed in a white shir and black pants. The girl had dark pink hair and was dressed like the guy but with a white skirt and leggings. Both had a sharp "R" on their shirts.

"Prepare for trouble!" the guy said.

"Make it double!" the girl said.

"To protect the world from devestation!"

"To unite all peoples within our nation!"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"