It's been a hell of a week for Leo. He's desperately behind in classes. He's failing economics. His father is still in a coma. His mother doesn't sleep at night.
Ray is the only part of his day Leo looks forward to. He wants to be held by Ray when he gets up in the morning. He wants Ray to intertwine their hands and never ever let go. He wants Ray to smile at him and tell him everything is going to be okay.
And Ray does. Ray does anything that he thinks could make Leo happy.
Leo is sitting in Algebra class and its Friday and he cannot wait to get out. Just as the bell rings, Leo races out and waits near Ray's locker. Ray comes by a few minutes later and when he sees Leo already waiting for him, his face breaks out into a huge smile and he kisses him. Leo sighs contentedly and when Ray pushes his fingers into Leo's hair all Leo can think of is how perrfect Ray would look naked. And sweaty. And on Leo's bed. Leo moans into the kiss and Ray grabs onto him harder. Just then Leo remembers Mick. Mick, his younger brother. Mick, who's still in the ICU. Leo pushes Ray off almost as if being kissed by him is infectious.
"Leo? What did I do? I'm sorry -"
Ray is hurt. Leo is clearly responsible for it but at that moment all Leo can think about is how disgusting it is that Mick is fighting for his life and Leo is thinking about sex. He lifts his hand to stop Ray from coming any closer to him.
"Lets get to the hospital."