chapter 22

"I'm gonna say this once" Steve said, walking forward a bit.

"How about 'none-ce'" dad snapped back.

"Shut it down"

"Nope, not gonna happen"

"You don't know what you're doing"

"And you do? She's not in your head" Bruce asked.

"Yes, I do. Steve, let them finish this. They have to" I say, looking at Steve. He looks at me confused and I give him a serious look.

"I know you're angry-" Wanda tries to reason.

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade" Bruce says back.

"Oh yeah, get in line" I say.

"Banner, after everything that's happened..." Steve starts.

"It's nothing compared to what's coming" dad yells.

"You don't know what's in there" Wanda says, trying to convince them.

"This isn't a game"

"ENOUGH! You're right, they don't know what's in there, I do! If this thing isn't created then I'm gonna smack the shit out of all of you! Believe me when I tell you this, we. Need. What's. Inside. The. Cradle. I don't give a DAMN about what any of you think. If anybody messes with this then they're gonna regret it. Dad, bring it to life"

Just as he was about to, Pietro ran around the entire thing and unplugged everything.

"No, no. Go on. You were saying?"

Just as he finished, Clint shot beneath Pietro, making him fall below and Clint held him down.

"What? You didn't see that coming?"

"I'm rerouting the upload" dad says but Steve throws his shield and it hits everything.

Dad blasts Steve and he falls backward. He put on the rest of his Iron Man suit.

"Go ahead, piss me off" Bruce says as he hold Wanda back.

Steve gets up and dad and Steve start to fight.

"Uh, enough is enough. Stand back if you don't want to die" I say and everyone backs up, knowing I'm being serious.

"Wait" Bruce says but it's too late.

I make lightning and zap the Cradle. Thor come in and zaps the Cradle with me. Thor lets go and I let go right after. I fall to the ground out of exhaustion and Steve and dad run to me to see what's wrong. I get up and go to the Cradle but it explodes and I get sent back. I grip onto the edge of the floor with one hand and try to get up. I can't.

"Dad! Steve! Someone!" I call out and Bruce helps me up. I stay there for a bit before running to Thor.

Vision looks around and sees Thor and me. He lunges forward but I duck and Thor pushes him. He crashes into a layer of glass before stopping himself in front of another layer of glass. I get back up and we all look at Vision. Steve is about to come forward but Thor and I stop him by putting our hands out towards him. Vision says there for another moment before putting on clothes of some sort and coming towards us. Thor puts mjolnir down and looks back at Vision. Everyone comes toward us and waits for Vision to come back.

"I am sorry. That was... Odd. Thank you. Both of you" He says looking at me and Thor.

Vision keeps looking at us and creates a cape for himself.

"Thor. You helped create this? Both of you?" Steve says looking back and forth between me and Thor.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life, and at its center is that" Thor says, pointing to the Mind Stone.

"What? The gem?" Bruce asked.

"It's not a gem. It's a Stone. The Mind Stone to be exact. It's one of the 6 Infinity Stones. The greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities" I emphasised the 'universe' bit.

"Then why would you bring..."

"Because Stark is right" Thor interrupted Steve.

"Oh, it's definitely the end times" Bruce said.

"Bruce!" I say a bit quiet.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron"

"Not alone" Vision said, walking forward.

"Why does your Vision sound like Jarvis?" Steve asked.

"We reconfigured Jarvis's matrix to create something new" dad said, walking around Vision.

"I think I've had my fill of new" Steve said, sounding pissed.

"You think I'm a child of Ultron" Vision said more as a statement than a question.

"You're not?" Steve asked.

"I'm not Ultron. I am not Jarvis. I am... I am"

"I looked in your head and saw annihilation" Wanda said, walking to Vision.

"Look again" Vision said, looking at Wanda.

"Her seal of approval means jack to me" Clint said.

"And me" I agreed.

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone. And they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..."

"Is it? Are you? On our side?" Steve asked. I was getting tired of this.

"I don't think it's that simple" Vision replied.

"Well, it better get real simple real soon" Clint said.

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't. He will end it all"

"What's he waiting for?" dad asked.

"You" Vision replied.

"Where?" Bruce asked.

"Sokovia" Clint said before I could. "He's got Nat there, too"

"If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..."

"What will you do?" Vision asked. There was a pause. "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the Earth. So, he must be destroyed. Every from he's built, every trace of his presence on the net. We have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others" There was shared glances around. Vision stood beside Thor and continued talking. "Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended" He turned around "So, there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go" Vision said as he turned around and gave mjolnir to Thor, everyone looking shocked except me.

"I told you we'd need what's inside the Cradle. I mean who" I say, smirk then smile at Vision "I trust you" I say to Vision then go to get ready, everyone still dumbfounded.

~~~~~

"No way we all get through this. If even 1 tin soldier is left standing, we've lost. There's gonna be blood on the floor" dad says and looks at me.

"I got no plans tomorrow night" Steve says.

"No, wait, we were going to go out tomorrow, right?" I ask, looking at Steve.

"Oh yeah. Scratch that" Steve says looking at me.

"I get first crack at the big guy. Iron Man's the one he's waiting for" dad says.

"That's true. He hates you the most" Vision says while he's walking past us.

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace. And that's not gonna happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. We find out what Ultron's been building, we find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters. That we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right"

"Wow! You are so good at that" I say then smirk at Steve.