Chapter 19

I woke up the next morning with a banging headache, I slowly got out of the bed I slept in and walked into the bathroom, I looked into the mirror, I looked an absolute mess. My make up was smudged and my hair was sticking up all over the place, I was also wearing the same clothes as yesterday. I groaned and slowly walked downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and got a drink of water, Kol and Klaus came in talking. I narrowed my eyes at them and they quickly shut up.
"Elena's up!" Kol shouted.
I groaned loudly and held my head, I quickly walked past Kol and walked outside. I heard Kol chuckle and Klaus softly slapped his arm. I decided to go home and freshen up before I saw Elijah, so I started to walk home. As I was walking home I remembered some of the things that Rebekah told me last night, my eyes widened as I remembered that she told me that Kol had fell in love with me. I also then remembered the conversation I had with Bonnie when Kol was carrying me over his shoulder. I sighed and let a few tears fall down my cheek as I said goodbye once again to my parents.
When I got home, I quickly went to the bathroom and decided to have a shower. I was in the shower for about an hour, which was weird as I normally only take about 20 minutes. I got out and wrapped a towel around me which only covered me to my upper thighs from my chest. As I walked into my room, I saw Stefan sitting on the seat next to my window.
"Stefan?" I said barely above a whisper.
I was so happy to see him, it had been just over 2 months since I last saw him. He nodded at me and walked over to me, he pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back, before realising I was only in a towel. I pulled back and smiled at him.
"What are you doing here, I thought you were staying out of town for a while?" I asked.
"Yes, well I've decided to pull myself back together," he said smiling.
"I'm glad," I said also smiling.
"So have you got any plans today?" He asked.
"Er, no I don't think so. I'm just going to get changed and then we'll go out, okay?"
Stefan nodded and I took some clothes out my draws and walked back into the bathroom. It only took me a couple of minutes to dry off and get changed, I quickly put on some mascara and a little bit of lipstick and walked back into my room to Stefan.
"How's Jeremy and Alaric?" Stefan asked as I put on my shoes.
"Er, good I think. I've just got home actually,"
"Oh, where were you?"
"Last night, I got really drunk with Rebekah and her brothers found us and took me back to their place,"
"Elijah?"
"Yeah,"
"Right, of course. Sorry. I just thought you would be over him by now,"
I looked at Stefan and raised my eyebrows, he put his hands out as if he was surrendering and smiled. I shook my head and smirked, I finally stood up and looked into my mirror, I tied my hair up and we walked out of my room and downstairs. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 2pm.
"So, where do you want to go?" I asked Stefan as I wrote a note to Jeremy and Alaric and left it on the table. 'They must of still been asleep' I thought.
"Wherever you want?" He replied.
"The Grill?" I asked.
He laughed and then agreed.
"What's so funny?" I asked.
"Earlier you said that you got drunk yesterday and now you want to drink again?"
I laughed and we walked out my house and to the Grill.

Elijah's POV
"Elena's up!" I heard Kol shout.
I walked downstairs from my study and walked into the kitchen and saw Niklaus and Kol.
"Where's Elena?" I asked as I looked around.
"Ask Kol," Niklaus replied grumpily.
"Kol?" I asked.
"I don't know, she has a hangover and I shouted. So, she's probably gone somewhere quiet?" He replied.
I rolled my eyes and walked out of the kitchen.
"Rebekah!" I shouted at the bottom of the stairs.
"Shut up!" She screamed slowly from her room.
I chuckled and took out my phone as it wouldn't stop it's annoying buzzing. It was an unknown number.
"Hello?" I said.
"Elijah, hey. It's Caroline,"
"What is it?"
"I was wondering if we could talk?"
"Okay, so talk?"
"No, I mean in person?"
"What about?"
"Just meet me, okay? I'll be at the Salvatore's in 10,"
And with that she ended the call. I looked down to my phone and sighed. I threw on my blazer and walked out of my house. I was there after exactly 12 minutes, Caroline was already waiting.
"What would you like to talk about, Caroline?" I asked as I approached her.
"I wanted to apologise about the way I acted the day before. It was stupid and I shouldn't of done it, especially since you're dating my best friend," she spat out.
"Apology accepted," I said as I walked away.
"So is that it then?" She shouted after me.
"Sorry?"
"I say I'm sorry and you're just going to walk away?"
"I have forgiven you, isn't that what you wanted?"
"What I really want is you! I want Elena to stop being a problem and me and you could finally be together,"
"Leave, Caroline. Now,"
"No, not until you hear me out!"
"You have 2 minutes and not ant longer,"
"You've seen the way Elena looks at Klaus, right? You know there's something there between them. Klaus loves Elena and will do anything to get her, even if it means breaking his brothers heart. But you see, I have my own plan,"
"And what is that?"
"I think you should let Elena go, nice and gently. That way, if Elena and Klaus do get together whilst you two are still, whatever the hell you are, you won't get hurt as much,"
"And why would I do that?"
"Because if you don't then well, I've have to call for my backup plan. I'll get Elena to fall head over heels for Kol instead and if that doesn't work, well you don't need to know my backup plan 'B', now do you?"
"Spit it out, Caroline,"
"See, my best friends a witch and she hates vampires, especially the original vampires. And she hates the fact that you and Elena are, you know. So she'll do anything to prevent you two from going any further,"
"What point are you trying to make?"
"She will do anything, even if it means bringing back the dead,"
"I'm sorry, but excuse me?"
I panicked in my head as I thought of Esther and Mikael.
"Who was the one person who made Elena fell alive?" She asked.
"Stefan," I replied.
"Guess again?"
"Damon?"
"Exactly,"
"I'm sorry but I think I may have you confused for a complete psychopath. Are you honestly contemplating whether to bring Damon back?"
"We all are, why do you think Stefan's back? And where do you think Jeremy and Ric are?"
"I wasn't aware that Stefan was back?"
"Oh yeah, he's here so we can all resurrect Damon,"
My eyes widened as I finally heard her say it. They were bringing Damon back, so me and Elena wouldn't be together. I scoffed and quickly sped to Caroline and snapped her neck.

Elena's POV
I threw back another shot and playfully stuck my tongue out at Stefan, he hated loosing this game. It wasn't my fault he was such a light drinker.
"Okay, well I need to get home," Said Stefan, as he looked down to his watch, "We have a big day tomorrow,"
"Why?" I asked.
"Oh, you'll find out tomorrow," he replied.
I looked at him in confusion but soon shrugged it off, we stood up and said our goodbyes we walked out the door and separate ways.
It was dark when I was walking home, I enjoyed the darkness.
"You shouldn't be out here all by yourself, you know?" Said a familiar voice from behind me.
I smiled and turned around to see Kol behind me. He took out his arm and I took it and we walked arm in arm back to my house. When I got home, Kol walked in behind me and I remembered that I had to invite him in before.
"Should we watch a film?" He asked as he plonked himself down on my couch.
"Make yourself at home," I said sarcastically as I smiled.
"Seriously, should we watch a film?" He asked again.
"Sure, I'll text Elijah," I replied.
Kol sighed and said, "No, darling. I mean just us, we're just friends, we're allowed to do that without my brothers consent,"
"Fine. What do you want to watch?" I said after a while.
"Letters to Juliet?"
I laughed and agreed. He put the film in the DVD player and we sat and watched the movie in silence, maybe a bit to close together. Even though I loved Elijah more than I have ever loved anyone before, I didn't mind it just being me and Kol.