Chapter 31

When I found Elena, she was crying in her car with her head resting on her steering wheel. I knocked on her window lightly and she quickly sat up and tensed up, but she quickly softened when she realised it was me. 

"Kol," she said softly, trying not to cry.

She opened her door and I stood back, so she could get out. When she was fully out of her car, she ran towards me and wrapped her arms around my shoulders. I hugged her back and stroked her hair as I let her cry into my shoulder.

"So, why don't you tell me exactly what has happened?" I asked. 

She pulled away a little and looked up to me, her eyes were red and she looked distraught. She nodded and she got back into her car. I walked to other side of the car and got into the passengers seat. She sighed and wiped away a few of her tears from her eyes and face before chuckling. 

"I'm sorry, I have no reason to be crying," she said, as she laughed weakly. 

"Tell me the story and I'll be the judge of that," I replied. 

She smiled weakly at me and began. 

When she finished telling me everything starting with her confusing feelings for me and Nik and then all the way up to what had happened earlier that day, she cried again. I felt so sorry for her, she was so confused and lost. 

"Elena, you haven't lost Elijah or Nik, they were just trying to look out for you," I said, as I leaned towards her and wiped away some of her tears.

"But Finn hasn't done anything, I know he hasn't. He's trying to save my life," 

"That may be your opinion, but my brother also have their opinion. And then, there is the truth," 

"And what's your opinion?"

"Honestly, I want to get you the hell out of this town and enjoy our care-free lives as long as we can, you know considering you'll be desiccating pretty soon and I'm pretty sure you need to have a few distractions from that and my brothers, who will be looking for you soon. By the way," 

Elena laughed at what I said but then she looked at me with dead seriousness in her eyes before saying, "So why don't we? I mean, it'll be the first time in a while since I've been out of town. And like you said, I need a distraction," 

"Really?" I asked.

"Where to?" She smiled, as she sat normally in her seat and faced the steering wheel.

"Let me drive," I said. 

She nodded and we got out of the car to swap seats. When we both sat back down, I looked to Elena and saw she was looking at her phone, with tears forming in her eyes.

"Elijah," she said to me, as she raised her phone. 

I nodded and smiled reassuringly at her. 

"Are you sure you want to do this Elena?" I asked. 

"Yeah," she said quietly, she was still looking at her phone. 

"What's he said?" I asked. 

"That he's looking for me and he wants to know why I'm not answering the phone, also he suspects that I've gone off with Finn," 

"Oh right, Sorry,"

"Don't be. It's not your fault," 

She looked up to me and smiled. I smiled back and started the engine, I got into gear and quickly drove off. 

Elena's POV

I looked at my phone when I got into my passengers seat. I had 74 messages and 96 missed calls, they were all from Elijah.