Chapter 41

When I woke up, I realised that Jeremy and Klaus had also fell asleep and Elijah was just staring at the blank wall, probably thinking.
"Hey," I said quietly.
He quickly tore his eyes away from the wall and looked at me, he looked scared and confused.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Nothing," he said, forcing a smile.
I raised my eyebrows and slowly got off of them all. I turned around to face the wall and looked at the clock, 6:05 pm.
"Why didn't you wake us up?" I asked shocked, as I turned back around to Elijah.
"You all looked peaceful, I didn't want to be the person who disturbed that." He shrugged.
I laughed and excused myself so I could make a phone call.
When I closed my bedroom door, I got out my phone and dialled Andy's number. I rang him at least 10 times before he finally answered.
"Elena!" He shouted excitedly.
"Why didn't you answer?" I asked annoyed.
"My fingers were covered in blood, and the touch screen wasn't working." He mumbled.
"That's just gross!"
"We both enjoy different things. Anyway, why did you ring me?"
"They all know I'm pregnant,"
"And?"
"And, I'm scared that they'll turn against each other,"
"Why?"
"Because they all love me and they'll be jealous, I've already seen it in Kol and Klaus,"
"Are you sure it's Elijah's baby?"
"Of course I am? Anyway, back to the subject - what do I do?"
"Just choose who you want to be with, and then let the others fight it out."
I realised it was a wrong idea to ring him and ask him for advice, he was useless.
"Has anyone ever told you, how bad you are at giving advice?"
"Actually, no. No one has ever actually had the chance,"
"Of course they haven't."
"Elena, I can tell you're getting agitated and you're probably going to end the call anytime soon, but before you end the call I need to ask you something."
"Go ahead,"
"There is a 1 in 100 chance that you can get impregnated by an other vampire, so are you sure the baby's Elijah's?"
"Yes! You even told me that the curse is a punishment?"
"What curse? - Oh yeah, the curse. Ha. It's just that, are you sure the baby's Elijah's and not Klaus'?"
I had to quickly rack my mind for any memories between me and Klaus, but there definitely weren't any.
"I'm 100% sure,"
"And no compulsion?"
"Excuse me?"
"I'm just saying, that maybe there was something between you and Klaus and you've been compelled to forget?"
"He wouldn't do that to me, he loves me."
"I rest my case."
I quickly ended the call and threw my phone at the wall, I watched it as it quickly slid down the wall and fall down the back of my bed.
The thought of Klaus ever doing that, tore me apart. If that has happened, then maybe they've all compelled me to forget something? The memory of me and Kol was perfectly imprinted on my mind, so that definitely hadn't been compelled away. I was acting so stupid, of course this was going to happen! I was practically involved with nearly every member of the Original Family! The most dangerous family in the world.

Elijah's POV
Before Elena awoke, I was thinking of the possibility that the child wasn't mine, that the child was either a humans or even Niklaus'. If the child was Niklaus', it would definitely redeem him, more than Elena has. If our lives were a story, it'd be a bloody complicated one.
A few minutes after Elena had gone upstairs to make a phone call, I heard a bang coming from her room - I assumed it was her throwing her phone. I wanted to go upstairs and try comfort her, but I figured she probably wanted space.
No matter how much I wanted to try and think just of Elena, the baby's heartbeat I heard when she was asleep would just spring to mind. If the baby was Niklaus', then it wouldn't explain the curse between me and Elena, but it would explain her getting pregnant.

After an hour, Elena still hadn't come downstairs. I had the feeling that something was wrong, so I decided to go and check on her. When I stood up, I accidentally woke up Niklaus.
"Where are you going?" He asked sleepily.
"To see Elena, I think something's wrong." I whispered so I didn't wake Jeremy.
Niklaus was then quickly shot out of his sleepy state and looked around the room, "Where is she?" He asked.
"Upstairs." I replied.
He nodded and stood up, we slowly walked out of the room and up the stairs to Elena's room. I softly knocked on her door but there was no reply, I looked to Niklaus and he looked equally confused.
"Elena, we're coming in." Said Niklaus, as he opened the door.
When we entered her room, there was no sign of Elena.
"Elena?" I asked loudly.
Niklaus walked around her room and then went into the bathroom, but Elena wasn't there either.
"Where is she?" He asked, when he came back into her room.
"I know as little as you, brother." I replied.
"I hope to god, she isn't drinking." He growled.
"And why do you care so much about the baby?" I asked.
He chuckled and walked out of the room, when he was walking down the stairs he whispered something under his breath - thinking I couldn't hear him.
"Every king needs an heir, brother."