Chapter 16

I heard what Klaus said, I just decided to ignore it. I was so sick of people telling me that Elijah loved Katherine! If he loved her then why didn't he tell me? Klaus called after me as I walked away again, I still didn't reply.
"Elena, wait," he said as he sped in front of me.
"What is it, Klaus?" I said sternly.
"I'm sorry, love. But it's true, he loves Katerina. And I will prove it to you,"
"I trust him, Klaus. If he loves Katherine then he would of told me by now, instead of leading me on,"
"Believe what you will, but I know the truth and I know deep down you do too,"
I looked into his eyes and pushed past him, of course I had my doubts about Elijah but I was almost sure that he loved me for me.
"Elena," said Elijah as I walked up to him outside the house.
"Elijah," I replied.
"Don't ever do that to me again, please?" He chuckled.
"Sorry," I said as I laughed.
Elijah smiled and led me inside.
"Lovely Elena, may I ask you a question?" He asked as we walked into his kitchen.
"Of course," I answered as I sat down on a chair.
"Did Niklaus say anything to you at all today?"
But before I could reply Klaus walked into the kitchen and took out a blood bag from the fridge. He smiled at me and walked out.
"No," I finally answered.
"Are you sure?" He asked again.
"We spoke about art and music, but that was about it. Then we heard all the business with Caroline and well, I came in and stopped her. And then after all that, I followed him into your garden and then we spoke about his feelings. I told him that I'm in love with you and then I left," I admitted.
He nodded and kissed my forehead, he trusted me therefore I trusted him.

Klaus' POV
When Elena told me that she loved Elijah, I couldn't help but tell her that Elijah loved Katerina. She ignored me and carried on walking, I ran up to her and tried to convince her but once again she left me alone. I heard her walk up to Elijah and they walked into the house together. I clenched my jaw and followed them. When they got into the kitchen I heard Elijah ask if I had said anything to her, I walked into the kitchen before she could answer. I could feel them both staring at me as I took out a blood bag, when I turned to face them I smiled at Elena and she smiled back. I could feel my cheeks burn and I quickly walked out of the kitchen, leaving Elena and Elijah alone. I heard what she said and smiled. Elijah would of tried to kill me if she had told him everything, well he would of tried to kill me. I chucked and walked into my study.
I picked up a paint brush and started a new painting, I had received the best inspiration. Elena. Her beauty, her passion, her forgiveness and her intriguing personality.
After I had finished my painting I heard Elena come in, I turned to her and she walked over to my painting. Her eyes widened and she smiled.
"It's beautiful," she exclaimed.
"As are you," I said with a cheeky smile.
She laughed and looked back to the painting.
It was of a woman standing alone in an enchanted forest, surrounded by flowers. She was wearing a beautiful dress, flowing in the wind.
Elijah came into us after a while, he told us that Kol and the others had returned. Elena smiled and ran up to them. I followed her and smiled at Kol as he looked absolutely terrified.
"What did you do?" I asked Bonnie.
"Nothing. He's still hung up on Caroline still being alive and Elena scaring the crap out of him," Bonnie replied.
I laughed and placed my hand on his shoulder, he jumped as my hand touched him. We all laughed and he rolled his eyes. After we had drifted away from each other Rebekah followed me into a room and closed the door behind her.
"Rebekah, love. What are you doing?" I asked.
"What on earth are you playing at?" She said trying not to raise her voice.
"Excuse me?" I asked in confusion.
"I heard you and Caroline earlier," she answered.
I hesitated before saying anything, "Stay out of it, dear sister,"
"I can't stay out of it, Nik! You are making me choose between yours and Elijah's happiness!"
"I am not making you choose, love. I am simply saying stay out of it,"
Rebekah growled and walked out of the room. She bumped into Caroline on the way out and growled at her. Caroline sighed and closed the door after Rebekah left.
"Klaus, we need to talk?" She asked.
"What is it, love?" I replied
"Our conversation earlier -" she said before I interrupted her.
"-I understand if you don't want to help me anymore, considering you dying and everything,"
"Actually, I was going to say that I'm still willing to help,"
I smiled at her and kissed her forehead.
"Thank you, love," I said as I backed away from her.
"It's not all for you, remember?" She said as she giggled.