Chapter 7

Stefan's POV
I stood there on the stairs listening to every word Elijah said to Klaus. When he admitted he loved her, I could feel my heart as it had been ripped out of me. I stood there with tears in my eyes and nodded, I knew I had to move on, but then I heard Elena groan in pain. I ran into her room and saw Jeremy and Alaric holding her down against her bed.
"What's going on?" I asked loudly.
"She was like having a kind of fit?" Answered Alaric.
I told them to get off of her as I sat down next to her.
"Stefan?" She asked in her sweet voice.
"Yeah," I replied.
"I don't feel so good,"
"I know, but Klaus is coming soon, okay?"
"You've always had hope for me, Stefan,"
"You're going to be fine, Elena. I promise,"
Elena held my hand and she smiled at me, before she sat up and vomited out blood. I rubbed her back and told Jeremy to get some new blood bags and water. But then after hearing all the commotion, Elijah had returned to her bedroom.
"What happened?" He asked sounding very alarmed.
I pointed to the blood and he nodded, he walked over to us and kissed Elena's forehead. She looked up adoringly at him, she had never looked at me or Damon in that way. Alaric then asked if she could have some time alone with Elena, we nodded and left her room, before Jeremy giving Alaric the blood bags and water.

Alaric's POV
After Stefan and Elijah left, I sat down on her bed next to her and smiled at her, she smiled back and leant her head on my shoulder.
"I hope that was the only time Elijah and Stefan have been in your room during the night?" I joked.
She laughed and I then looked at her seriously.
"Yeah it was," She spat out.
We both laughed and enjoyed each other's company.
"Alaric?" She asked.
"Mm?" I answered.
"Thank you,"
"For what?"
I faced her.
"For being there for me and Jeremy, for helping us when we had no one,"
"You had bourbon and a ring that would stop me from dying, how could I refuse?"
"Hey!"
She laughed and punched my arm. I laughed back but I was silently praying for Klaus to get here in time.
We sat there in silence for a while till I noticed her chest was rising but only slightly, I quickly got the blood bag from my pocket and fed it to Elena before she puked it all back up again. I jumped off the bed and got a wet towel and rubbed Elena's forehead as she started to look all feverish. She told me she was fine, but I knew she was lying. She quickly got off the bed and pined me to the wall, her eyes and face had changed completely, I had never seen Elena's face change, only on Damon and Stefan.
"You did this to me!" She shouted as she gripped her hand tightly around my neck.
"Elena! It's me, Alaric!" I shouted struggling to breathe.
Stefan and Elijah heard all the noise and ran up to us, they tried to pull Elena off of me softly but she wasn't letting go, so they forcefully pulled her off of me.
"No, stop! It's his fault!" She shouted.
"Who is it, Elena?" Asked Elijah as he gripped her arms.
"Damon, can't you see!" Screamed Elena.
We all looked at each other in confusion and asked what was his fault.
"I don't want to be a vampire, I never did! He tried to change me the first time and his blood changed me the second time!"
Veins had appeared under her eyes and her fangs appeared again.
"Let me kill him!" She growled.
But then Jeremy came running in with a jug of water and threw it all over her as Elijah had sped away from her knowing what he was going to do, her face had changed back to normal but she looked a bit shocked and pissed off.
"Jeremy, what the hell?" She asked.
Stefan and I looked at her trying not to laugh, Elijah was on the other side of the room smirking at her and Jeremy was smiling and stood opposite her. She softly slapped his head and walked to the bathroom to get a towel. When she got into the bathroom she closed the door and we all burst out laughing, even Elijah.
When she walked back in she ignored our hidden laughter, took a blood bag and got back into bed.
She apologised for nearly killing me and closed her eyes, we knew that she was trying her hardest to look fine but it wasn't working, she looked dreadful.
Elijah motioned for us to leave as he wanted to speak to Elena.

Elijah's POV
When they left I sat on the edge of Elena's bed and watched her chest rise slowly up and down.
"I knew you laughed by the way," She said as she smiled but still had her eyes shut.
"It was hard to resist," I joked.
She laughed weakly. I moved closer and stroked her hair, she opened her eyes and moved up so I could lay next to her, I hesitated but when her eyes met mine, I couldn't resist.
She put her head against my chest as I listened to her very weak heartbeat, I could only hope Niklaus would be there soon.
"Elijah?" She asked.
"Elena," I replied.
"I realised something today,"
"And what was that, lovely Elena?"
"That I love you,"
She didn't look up to me because she was obviously worried that I didn't reciprocate her feelings, I leant down and kissed her head and said, "I love you too,".
She then looked up to me and I leant down once again to kiss her, she kissed back but stopped as there was a knock on her door. Stefan entered the room and told us that Klaus had arrived. I told him to wait with Elena and kissed her forehead before leaving to speak to my brother.
"Elijah," He said as he waited on Elena's porch.
"Niklaus," I replied and walked out to him.
"I've told Stefan this many times, but it would be easier if I was just invited in?"
"Yes well, are you here to help Elena or not?"
"I will, but only for one thing in return?"
"Yes, of course, anything?"
"If I heal her, you have to leave her,"
"Excuse me?"
"I can't have you falling over another doppelgänger, brother,"
"Niklaus.."
"Either you leave her and she lives or you continue to make the same mistakes and she dies,"
I stared at my brother, the brother I no longer recognised and said, "It is not the time for your immature jokes, Niklaus,"
"I assure you, this is not a joke,"
"Enough,"
"Choose, now!"
He walked up to my face and started right into my eyes.
"I will leave her but only if you save her," I answered.
I had to fight the burning temptation to lash out at my younger brother, because If I did he wouldn't save Elena.