CHAPTER NINE: GAME OVER

I angrily walked to the classroom looking for Zeke. Luckily for me, I met him. I'm about to change things and I don't care. I have to do this no matter what happens. I entered the classroom and he greeted,"hello". "Are you trying to play me?", I asked. "What do you mean by that?", he asked. "Are you dumb? Can't you hear?", I asked angrily. "Do you even think I like you? No!,I don't !" I said. "I used to like you but not anymore", I told him. He stood there listening as if he didn't care. He's so annoying. Why did I get myself into this situation? "You really like Elaina don't you? And have you told her?", I asked. "You also like Desmond don't you?", he  asked. "What if I say yes,and he knows I like him too!", I told him. "If you ever thought of playing me, then you might have been mistaken cos I'm a coach myself", I said. He laughed and said," Coach indeed!". What does this boy think?
"If you ever think about your wedding with Elaina, just order for some cakes from me cos I make good ones!", I said. He stood there looking at me with an angry face. "I thought I was your first and last boyfriend", he said. "What if I lied? Go and look for your beautiful queen", with this said,I walked out of the class.
       I went back to my friends and told them what had happened. They were glad I spoke out my feelings to Zeke.
After some time, Elaina came to talk to me. I told her Zeke had a surprise for her but this girl nearly made me spill it out. I stood firm with my decision not to tell her fortunately, she didn't bother.
          She went to Zeke to ask about the surprise he had for her. Zeke told her he wanted her to be his girlfriend😵😵. They are a perfect match! Such a wonderful couple! Elaina came back to me and told me about it. All I could do was to listen and smile cos I didn't care. She looked disturbed but I knew they both wanted it.
          A day later,Zeke came to me telling me he wanted me back. "For real? Huh?", I asked him. "Yeah, I thought about it and realized I'd hurt you. Elaina and I planned everything",he said. "You did nothing to hurt me, you only did the right thing cos I never liked you!", I replied. "Don't tell me you haven't missed me and you don't want me back", he said. "Who said I miss you? I don't want you! You were never mine and you will never be!", I said and walked away.
        I met Elaina at the cafeteria and she asked me to join  her. I readily accepted the offer because I knew she wanted to tell me something. I sat down facing her and smiled at her. "Kim I'm very sorry for all the pains I've caused you. I will never do that to you again and I promise", Elaina said. "You haven't wronged me in anyway just forget about everything that happened cos I'm over it now", I said. "Zeke made me do things I never wanted to. He told me to tell you about that proposal and all that I'd said about him to you. He sends me to tell you things and later ask for your answers from me. I'll not lie again cos I've changed." I opened my mouth in shock. "He really did ask you to do that?", I asked. "Yes he's not a good person and I regret doing it", she said with tears running down her face. I didn't know what to do so I just looked at her cry. "Tell him I've told you the truth and that I'm not going to lie again. Also tell him to read his Bible very well", Elaina told me. "Okay, I'll tell him but what about his plan cos he told me both of you planned it", I replied. "He told me about the plan after he asked me to date him. He's a liar! The plan is fake!" Elaina cried out. "You know what?,thanks so much for telling me", I said and patted her back. I got up feeling relieved and walked away.
            I told my friends about it. "Do you believe Elaina?", Zee asked. "Mmmm...yeah cos she sounded sincere", I answered. "Just be careful", she cautioned. "I'm very watchful", I said and smiled at her. My other friends smiled at me and hugged me.
We went to our dorms to prepare for tomorrow's departure. We helped ourselves in packing the suitcases into the bus.
           Departure time is here! And we're already saying goodbyes. "You girls shouldn't forget to be close to your phones!", Ava said. "Look who's talking. Do you always come online?", Carla asked her. "Do you also come online always?", Babe asked Carla. "Babe, you better keep quiet cos you also don't come online!", Diane said. "Hey hey, Diane it's always Zee, Kim, Mae, Danielle and I who're always online!", Mia said. "You can't argue about that!", I also added my voice. We're a bunch of toddlers,I thought.
            Zeke walked to me and asked me for a short talk. I agreed. " I'm very serious about wanting you back!", he said. "You want me?", I played dumb. " Yes please forgive me",he said. "The next time you want to play a girl,make sure you really know the rules. I pray the girls you'll meet will be as smart as I am", I said and walked away.

This is the end of it. I don't have any more stories to write.

Thanks to anyone who has made it this far! I appreciate.

My fellow colleagues, understand what you really want. Do not rush into a relationship without knowing your partner. They may come with promises but all these are fake!
Don't get played! Be a coach yourself!