CHAPTER SIX: NEVER AGAIN

"Ten minutes to end the first part!", a loud voice echoed in the school. I was done with mine and was ready to hand it over. I couldn't wait to meet my friends cos it felt like I'd been thousand miles away from them. Science is finally over and we have our last paper to write tomorrow and that's mathematics. I stepped out of the classroom with a smile on my face. I saw Desmond downstairs and Zeke few metres away from him. I stood in front of the class and looked below and winked at Desmond. He waved at me and signalled me to come down. Coincidentally, Zeke winked back at me! " He must have thought I winked at him", I said and laughed.
                 As I went downstairs, I bumped into someone and almost fell. I raised my head and found out it was Elaina. "How are you doing?", she asked." "I'm good what'bout you?", I asked. She said she was also fine. " Why wouldn't you be fine?",I asked with an angry face. "Oh why? What have I done to you?", she asked. "Nothing,can I go now?", I asked. She held my hand and asked me if I was angry with her. " Please leave my hand",I said. "I won't leave you until you answer my question." I removed her hand from mine but she held it again firmly. "Urgh....just leave me I have an important thing to do!", I shouted at her. She left my hand and asked me once more why I didn't want to talk to her. I ignored her question and left.
             When I got to where Desmond was, he was nowhere to be found. I met Danielle and walked with her to the cafeteria. We met the whole crew there and ate our supper. We had to go for a nap and prepare to learn. I went with Babe to our dormitory. After the one-hour nap, we headed towards the library. We revised our maths notes and answered a lot of questions. We were adequately prepared for the following day's paper. It was announced that after tomorrow's paper, there'd be a party for us. We shouted with joy in the library.
           We'd finished learning and so I made my way to the basketball court to look for Desmond. When I got there, Zeke approached me and asked why I wasn't talking to Elaina. " She told you!?", I asked. "Yes but why aren't you talking to her?", he asked. I told Zeke about her proposal and he looked surprised. I asked if he knew about it but he answered" no". I didn't believe what he told me. "So why do you flirt with her?", I asked. He stood there and stared at me. I knew he wouldn't answer my question so I left.
            I found Desmond and asked him if he would dance with  me at the party. He was very happy and said "yes!" He stopped playing and walked with me to the classroom. The place was empty so we sat down and studied. "I think I like you", he said. I pretended to have not heard him. He said it again and this time, it was loud so I couldn't do anything. I just looked at him and smiled. "Be honest,do you like me back?", he asked. " Mmm...yeah,I do",I answered. I brought up a math question so he'd forget about it. We spent about ten minutes solving it. I was very shy so after solving two questions,I told him I wanted to leave. He was okay with it so I left.