CHAPTER TWO: LOSING THE GAME

It's been three weeks since we returned from the Christmas holidays. In City of Arts and Sciences school, whenever we return from holidays, we're given a grace period for one
week. We're to relax our nerves and prepare for weeks of intense tuition😧.
The "sistahs" are making the most out of this grace period. We spent the week talking about the holidays. Ava who visited her aunt in the states had not returned. I learnt she'll be coming next week!
          The week has ended and we're going to begin class. Ava is back and it seems she has a lot to tell us. Elaina, a girl in our class has become close to me and this is surprising. This girl never liked me and my girls and so I can't believe this! Is she hiding something under her sleeves? I'd enjoyed her company in the science class and it seems she's very cool😎.
There's an upcoming exhibition for the  students. We're going to be busy throughout the week. Well, my friends are in the same group as I am so there's no need to worry.
            Walking around the basketball court, I had a five-second eyelock with this boy! How come I'd never seen him in the school? He approached me and introduced himself as Zeke. We exchanged pleasantries and I walked away. He told me he's in the last class. His thick dark eyebrows and perfect eyelashes drew my attention to him. He looked nice in his tank top and sweatpants😍.
           I'm back in the classroom and I'm going to tell Elaina what I saw.
I saw her with my friends so I have to tell all of them. When I got closer to them, they asked me where I was and why I'm now coming. "Relax, I was just walking around the basketball court and I have something to tell you". Carla the impatient one keeps on asking what the problem is. "I saw a nice boy playing bball and....." Mia interrupted my statement by adding hers," you've fallen for him!" "Wait, wait, I haven't told you his name!" I said this and hit my forehead with my palm. They calmed down and I told them his name is Zeke. They wanted to see him badly because of how I described him. Elaina told us she knows him. We all turned to look at her and she claimed he is her friend.
            Exhibition day is here and we're to present the solar system. We finished it quickly and presented it to the school. We were scored nine out of ten! We went out to have some snacks and I met Zeke. I introduced him to my friends but Elaina seemed to know him much better. My friends left me with him but Elaina is still with us. We went to one of the classrooms to talk. It is an empty class so there's much privacy. Elaina has gone out but I don't know where she is! I'm left with Zeke in the class and I'm so nervous. He tells me he's interested in me so we should date! WTH! Just when I was about to give him an answer, Elaina comes in and tells Zeke she wants to talk to him🤔. They're outside and it's been long. I peep through the window to see if I'll see them. But they're nowhere to be found. I want to leave the class but I still have to give him an answer.
           After what seemed like a century, Zeke shows up in the class. I asked him where they were and he said Elaina needed some help. I asked him what she told him and he said," she said I should kiss you". Whaaaaaat! How can she say this? This thought was running in my mind. I told him I'll think about the date and give him an answer 😓.