• Chapter 20 •

Start from the beginning

I couldn't burst her bubble, she looked so happy with herself as we walked away from the blonde boy.

。。。

Laying in my somewhat comfortable hammock next to James who was sleeping soundly, I wondered where Tom was because I knew he definitely wasn't on the night shift, well at least yet.

It might seem weird for me to be worried about him after the little situation with him and James but he had apologised and seemed sorry to me so I thought I might try to find him.

As I opened my eyes and stood up, I let my eyes adjust to the darkness of the shared cabin for a moment. I started to noticed that more than the usual night shift crew was missing from their hammocks. Weird.

I quietly tip-toed out of the cabin and made my way around looking for the familiar bright golden curly hair. I gained a few weird looks from some of the crew members that were on the night shift but I brushed it off seeing as they were probably just tired.

There seemed to be a bit of chatter coming from one specific corner of the ship. I followed it until I saw some people gathered together including Tom. He seemed to be arguing with someone about a topic that I was too tired to even notice. Before I could try figure out what was going on someone noticed me trying to eavesdrop.

"What are you doing?" A demanding voice came.

That was when a tall man marched towards me. I say man but...I mean would you call him a man. He had the head of an alligator but the stature and body structure of a tall man along with dark green scaly skin. He had piercing yellow eyes that I could've swore i'd seen before.

He took a rough hold of my shoulder and repeated his question, now sounding more sinister than demanding. "I said what are you doing?".

"Hey! I was just just looking for Tom." I said pulling away from his cold rough touch.

"(Y/n)! Hey, Sef." Tom addressed me and then the man in front of me. "Leave her alone. She's my friend." He said calmly. "Here fellas, I'll talk to you some other time." He stated with an indifferent tone.

At his words everyone that was there dispersed and seemingly just disappeared. "Sorry about that, I was just uh, trying my best to get to know more people."

"Understandable." I nodded.

"Why are you walking about so late?" Tom asked offhandedly.

"Oh well um I was looking for you." I laughed awkwardly.

"Why?" He laughed, smiling brightly.

"Well you weren't in the cabin and you said you weren't on the night shift so I was a bit worried." I elaborated.

"That's sweet of you. I'm alright" He said gesturing to his obviously safe and very much still here state.

"Yeah." I laughed awkwardly again.

"Wanna go back to the cabin and get some sleep so?" Tom asked.

"I don't know i'm not too tired and it's not that late yet. Wanna maybe just hang out for a bit? Get to know each other?" I replied.