• Chapter 10 •

We were finally nearing the planet Hael. We were both awake now because we had gotten enough sleep.

Eventually we arrived at the city of Keer, it was almost like the opposite of the planet we stopped off at. It was dark, dingy, quiet and empty. It seemed like a bit of a ghost town. I didn't really like the vibes there. We said that we'd leave the boat at a small dock on the edge of the city.

Before we left the dock I was getting a little worried, probably just overthinking to be honest. "Jim, even if we do find Silver, what if he doesn't remember us?" I asked Jim.

"Of course he'll remember us, how could he forget?" Jim laughed.

"I don't know, maybe he'll remember you, but i'm not a very memorable person." I sighed.

"(Y/n), you're starting to sound like the crazy one." He joked. "You're very memorable, for all the right reasons. You're intelligent, creative, beautiful and so much more."

"No i'm not." I said tilting my hat down to hide my blushing face.

Jim pushed my my hat back up, put his hand under my chin and tilted my head up to face him. Staring up at him practically made me weak at the knees.

"Don't lie." He smiled.

"Your charm doesn't work me, Mr. Hawkins." I giggled.

"(Y/n), you're my girlfriend. I'm pretty sure it already has." He smirked.

He has a point. I got a little flustered, my cheeks turning red again. I rolled my eyes playfully. Jim wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I felt my stomach fill with butterflies. Our faces were so close to each other, our lips almost touching, but before they had the chance to meet, Jim and I heard something.

Jim turned away from me to see who was there, "ugh so close" I muttered under my breath. I pulled away from Jim and looked to see what we had heard

"Sorry what was that (Y/n)?" Jim asked.

"Oh nothing." I lied.

We had been interrupted by three pirates walking near to the dock. They seemed a little drunk, they were stumbling along talking to each other.

"Where we going to go boys?" One said, burping loudly.

"The Silver Fish, where else?" Another said, his speech slurred. The third man was talking but his speech wasn't recognisable at all. 

Little Morph appeared beside us out of nowhere, his eyes growing wide. "Silver. Silver. Silver." Morph repeated, turning into the pirate we saw across the way.

The little creature heard our old friends name and presumed that they were talking about him. They were clearly just talking about a restaurant or bar or something but I still could help but hold out a little hope.

I turned to face Jim, "It couldn't be, right?" I asked.

"We could check it out." Jim replied simply.

The two of us began to follow closely behind the three drunken pirates. We were walking along the cobbled road, careful, so as to not be seen by the them.

The street was lit by oil lamps. The houses and small buildings on either side of the road didn't look like they had anyone inside them, the dimness of the whole place creeped me out.

I think Jim noticed my scared expression because he began to walk closer to me than before. I, being myself just had to go and trip over, but to be honest it wasn't without reason this time, it was a cobblestone road so it made sense.

Just before I was about to buy the ground I felt a strong pair of hands wrap around my waist, Jim. He pulled me back up to my feet. "Woah, close one." Jim whispered in my ear.

His voice made my breath hitch. "Heh yeah..." I laughed quietly and awkwardly.

Just as I laughed one of the three pirates turned around, he had obviously heard me. Jim quickly pulled me out of the light of the streetlamp. We stayed extremely still so as not make a single sound.

The pirate looked around for a moment but it seemed like he dismissed the sound he heard. He turned around and stumbled forward to the other two pirates.

We continued following the three men. I was trailing along slightly behind Jim, I was extra careful with each and every step to not trip and fall over again. I was counting on Jim to follow the pirates because I was focused on my feet and not tripping.

Without me noticing, Jim had stopped dead in his tracks. I bumped into him and stumbled back.

"Oh, sorry." I muttered.

"It's alright, look i'd say that's it." Jim whispered back to me pointing at one of the buildings.

I looked up to see one building that looked like there was actually life inside. It was a little down the road and the lights were on inside. It had a big sign on the side that read 'The Silver Fish' so it was definitely the place the pirates were talking about.

We stood back for a moment and watched as the three drunk men approach the door. They opened up the front door to the building, the sound of chatter and music poured out of the little building. This was accompanied by the strong smell of alcohol and different foods mixed with tobacco.

The three men practically fell in the door, we waited until someone closed the door again and walked up to the pub or restaurant, whatever is was. We were stood outside the door and I hesitated for a bit, I was still worried that if we did meet Silver that he wouldn't remember me or wouldn't care that we were there.

Jim looked over at me, "What's wrong (Y/n)?" He asked, a worried expression covering his face.

"Jim. We don't have to go in, we can find another way, we can take back The Centurion ourselves." I said frantically turning around and trying to walk back.

"(Y/n)..." Jim said as he grabbed my arm, causing me to turn and face him again. He looked into my eyes sympathetically. "How are we going to take The Centurion back using a longboat? As much as I hate to admit it, we need help to do this. It's going to be alright." He smiled.

I sighed, because I knew he was right. I just needed to get over it and go in, "Alright, i'm convinced let's do this." I returned the smile.