Chapter 4: Welcome Home

We walked to the apartment. I apologized countless times for freaking out, but Thomas wouldn't take it.

"Madi, it's alright. If something happened in your past to make cars unsafe to you, then we won't use it." Thomas says, his eyes fixed on mine, a small smile on his face.

"You can," I say. Thomas unlocks the apartment door and pushes it open.

"Not unless I have to. Everything I need is in this town,"  the expression on Thomas's face told me he was serious. I smiled a little, and walked in through the open door.

 "Welcome home, Madi," Thomas says as he closes the door. I look around a little bit. I stand in the living room, admiring all the lights and technology. Thomas walks up behind me and hugs me from behind. I jump a little at first, then I relax. 

"Thank you, Thomas," I say. He kisses the back of my neck lightly and another blush spreads across my face. 

"Let me show you to your room," A hand grabs mine and slowly leads me down a hallway. Three doors are slightly open down this way. The first door we pass is the bathroom. The other two are bedrooms.  

"Choose whichever one you like best," Thomas says. I look back at him, surprised. 

"But isn't one of them yours?" I ask. He nods, a big smile on his face.

"You need to be able to decide where you live for once," Thomas says. I walk into the nearest room. Less stuff is in here, so I assume it's the guest room. 

"This one," I say. he nods and sits on the bed. I open the shades to the window and light pour into the room. 

"I like the light in here," I say, staring out the window. The room has one of those cute little window seats, one I've always wanted. I sit down on the cushion and continue staring. I feel out of place in this room. Everything was so clean and new. My grungy old clothes looked like mud against the white cushion. I stand up quickly, seeing that I certainly have left a dirt mark on the fabric. 

"I'm so sorry, Thomas" I say, trying to wipe off the dirt. I make a bigger stain and sigh, annoyed at myself.

"That was my next question, would you like to get some new clothes?" Thomas asked, taking the seat cushion and flipping it over, a new, clean, side now on top. I look over at Thomas.

"I don't want to cost you money," I say, realizing he now had two mouths to feed and take care of. Thomas opens his mouth to speak, but I start off on a small rant.

"I don't think this is a good idea. Now you have two mouths to feed, clothe, and take care of. I can't work, I'm not supposed to be here. I can't help pay for myself. I'm better off going back home," I say, ashamed that I'd ever thought this would work. Thomas shook his head.

"Trust me, Madi, I think I can manage. Please don't leave," Thomas says, standing up and walking towards the door, as if to block me from leaving the room. I look at the ground and nervously fiddle with my hands. 

"Alright," I whisper, looking up at him. I smile, slightly, at the sight of his adorable face. He has the biggest smile on his face. 

"Just one exception to you living here," Thomas says. I nod.

"Anything," I say.

"Just because it might be expensive, don't deny yourself anything. I'll get you whatever you need, or want," Thomas says, walking towards me. I nod.

"Good," Thomas says. "You deserve it, sweetheart."