Chapter 15: Congratulations Madi!!!

A month later, Thomas and I start packing to go back to England. Dylan, Will, Kaya, Ki Hong, and even Wes stopped by. We were all just sitting around, not talking or laughing like usual. I'm gonna hate leaving. These guys are the closest to family that I've had in the past 5-6 years. As we sat in the silence, it was easy to identify who was sniffling and who was on the verge on crying. I have to get out of there before I'm the one who starts crying. Begging for a distraction to leave,  it was as if Thomas read my mind.

"Madi, sweetheart, can you do me a favor and take the suitcases down to the car? I wanna talk to these guys for a bit" Thomas asked.

"Yeah. Of course" I replied without hesitation. I grabbed the suitcases and walked out the door. I struggled a little bit because Thomas and I had 3 suitcases. All of them as big as me or bigger. But once I got downstairs and to the car, I opened the trunk and stuffed them in. I stayed outside for about 15 minutes. I didn't mind. I couldn't be in that room anymore anyways. Then they all came out together. A couple wiping tears away and the rest sniffling. Either way, they had all cried. Including me which I hadn't realized until Thomas embrace me in a hug. That made me cry harder. 

One by one, starting with Dylan, they came over and hugged me. When Wes came over, I told him thank you for everything he's done. For the trip, for the exclusive first look at the last scene. And for everything else really. Thomas and I said our goodbyes and then got in the car. 

The others were just kind of standing there. Waving. "Sweetie, if we wanna make our flight on time, then we gotta go now" Thomas said. He was holding my hand and I squeezed it for reassurance. We slowly got in the car, and then we drove off to the airport. 

Once we got to the airport, flew home for 10 1/2 hours, ate dinner, and got ready for bed, it was already 3:10 am. I was laying in my bed staring at the ceiling. It felt weird to be back here. In my own bed, I mean. I laid there, restless, for about 45-50 minutes. I decided to walk into Thomas's room.

"Sweetie... are you still awake?" I asked shyly.

"Yeah, hun. Is everything okay?" He replied.

"Yeah I just can't sleep" I said.

"Come here..." He said through a yawn. I walked over and laid in the bed. I pulled the blankets close to me as he turned around so that his chest was against my back. He put his hand on my waist and moved his thumb back and forth. It was so comforting. I loved when he did that.

"I promise. Everything will be okay. You have me, it's just the two of us. We have to make the most of it" he said.

"Thomas?" I asked.

"Yes, sweetheart?" He replied.

"I love you. So much" I said.

"I love you too. And don't ever forget that." 

-----------------------------------------------------------

About 3 weeks later, Thomas woke up before I did. I heard him get up, but I was so tired that I didn't really have the strength to get up. So I laid there. I heard him cooking and singing. And by then, the curiosity killed me. So I got up to see what he was so happy about.

"Good morning, love! How's my beautiful girl today?" He was too happy and it was too early.

"I'm great. Why are you singing so loudly?" I asked.

"Because, Madi, today is a very special day!" He replied.

"Why?" I said as I sat down to eat the breakfast he cooked. And just as I took the first bite, I heard someone knock on the door.