05- so close

rhiannon

the music was blaring and had made a new friend, his name was tyler and he was friends with all of the baseball players. we found out we had a math class together junior year. hated the teacher, barely passed the class, but an overall decent experience.

vinnie was talking to that ella girl in the hallway and he hasn't even looked at me in about 45 minutes. tyler had been making me drinks, don't worry i was watching him so i know he didn't put anything in it. "so i've never seen you at one of these parties before, is this your first one?" tyler asked. "well first time being at a party with baseball boys. but i party with my other friends a lot." i said. "gotcha, have you and vinnie been friends for a while?" he asked. "yeah we've been friends since middle school, We were super close and then we fell off for a while and then like the very end of freshman year, he was dating this girl in my class and i used to see them talking outside everyday. i ran into him walking out the door, and then BOOM here we are." i said. "damn, isn't it crazy how just such a small thing like that can change your whole life?" he asked. "yeah it really is." i said quietly. that really made me think. if i had changed such a small detail, i wouldn't have vinnie, and i probably wouldn't even be here. "why don't you think you'd be here?" tyler asked. um, what.

"i said that out loud?" i asked. "yeah, it also kinda seems like you have feelings for vinnie. obviously there's a stronger connection than just friends, if he's holding you together." he said. "no, i don't think so. i mean me and vinnie have always dated other people and never let it affect our friendship before." i said. he didn't say anything just "hm."

vinnie walked up to us shortly after and smiled at me. "sorry, i haven't seen her in a while and i just wanted to catch up. she used to be on the softball team, so we used to do a lot together." he said. "you don't have to explain, it's okay. i've just never seen her before, so i was curious how y'all met. but it's okay, me and tyler have become friends." i pointed at tyler next to me, but when i looked over he was gone. "tyler's a weird guy. i've never really hung out with him that much, he always just kinda finds his way to these parties. he always tries to win the girls over, but he's psychotic. i don't wanna make your decisions for you, but i think you should stay away from the crazy boys." he said. i laughed, "yeah you're probably right. i don't have a very good track record." i said. i was starting to feel a little tipsy but not drunk, i guess just enough to get my mind off of what was happening in my life.

i turned to ask vinnie where the bathroom was, and he was already staring at me. "what boy?" i asked. he smirked, "nothing. why'd you turn around?" he asked. "where's the bathroom?" i asked. he took my hand, "i'll show you." he said. he led me to the door and then stood outside and waited for me.

he led me back to the kitchen and when i passed by the front door, i glanced over because it was opening. i saw his face, why was jason waud here. why today. i whispered to vinnie, "jason's here. we have to go." i said. "no, not true. we don't have to leave." he said. he pulled me closer to him and we danced to the music that was playing. it was like 2000's throwbacks playing.

i feel so close to you right now it's a force feel
i wear my heart upon my sleeve like a big deal
you're love bows down, i mean surrounds me like a water fall
and there's no stopping us right now, i feel so close to you right now

vinnie grabbed my cheeks and pulled me close to him. was he about to kiss me? he put his forehead against mine. "he just needs to see you happy without him, and then he'll know he fucked up." he said. i smiled. i looked back at where i last saw jason and he was staring a hole through my soul. vinnie walked away to go talk to some baseball guys and i went to the kitchen to get another drink. "so you moved on already? also wasn't your moms funeral today? why the fuck are you out partying, and with vinnie? rhiannon that's low even for you." his voice sent shivers down my spine. i turned around, and his eyes pierced through me. "i can do what i want jason. you were the one that ended us, therefore i don't have to explain myself to you." i said. he grabbed my wrist and whispered, "come with me."

he took me upstairs to a room, and closed the door behind him. "why do you always do this to me? you force me into going places with you by hurting me, and i'm sick of it. i'm not you're little toy anymore jason just leave me alone." i screamed. nobody could hear us over the music anyways. "what the actual fuck is wrong with you? you're psychotic. like literally, there's something mentally wrong with you or something. you drive me CRAZY but i love you so much, and i don't want you lose you but you need to change." he said. i scoffed, "i need to change? that's funny. you put your hands on me all the time and i don't say anything to you. i always wanted to leave you, but i was too scared of what you were capable of so i never did. you breaking up with me was the biggest blessing i could've ever gotten, so i'm sorry that you love me and miss me but i don't feel the same anymore. i truly wish you the best jason but you're not going to talk to me or treat me like that ever again." i said. "oh god, you hate me don't you. i knew it. i'm the crazy one, i just needed someone to blame. rhiannon i'm so sorry." he cried. "i can't forgive you jason. i'm sorry. you ruined my life, and. i know that there's nothing i could do to help you. you'll have to do that all on your own." i said. i opened up the door and stepped out into the hallway, closing it behind me.  i ran into that ella girl on the way out, "hey! you're friends with vinnie right?" she asked. "yeah, you are too right?" i asked. she smiled,  "yeah we used to hang a lot when i was on the softball team, but i quit." she said. "my names rhiannon, you're ella right?" i asked. "yes! omg that's such a cool name, my parents LOVE fleetwood mac." she said. "so did my mom. as you can tell." i said laughing. "you said did, so she just stopped liking them? how does that happen? they're iconic, how does one just stop?" she asked, giggling. "she um- she died actually. today was her funeral, and i probably look really weird standing here at a party when i just buried her, but i needed to clear my head." i blabbed. "oh my gosh no not at all. people grieve in different ways. don't feel weird about that at all." she said, with a smile.