09- graduate

Rhiannon

Today is the day that we graduate high school. The day that we've dreamt about for years and years. The day that I can finally be free from any trauma that happened between this walls of this brick building. Of course I didn't go to school today, no senior did. Instead me and Vinnie spent our days packing the last bit of things that we owned, to move to Los Angeles.

So far the story seems perfect right? We graduate today and move to Los Angeles where all of the stars are, not exactly. I'll still be in school. Im going to UCLA all online, and also me and Vinnie aren't going to be living together, He'll be in the sway house and I'll be in the hype house. Thats right, I finally made my break on tiktok when me and Vinnie went to LA for spring break, ever since then I've been the next big thing I guess. I'm under the same management as everybody In the hype house, unlike Vinnie also. He's under Talent X the sway management. Which kind of sucks because we're supposed to be rivals out there but that's not going to happen.

We had about 7 hours before we had to be at the auditorium to start graduation. Until then we pack up our lives and began getting ready to finally walk across the stage. The only thing keeping be closed off today is knowing I won't have any true family at graduation for me. Just Vinnie and his family, which is nice don't get me wrong, but it's not my representation of family.

Me and Vinnie we're driving ourselves to LA tonight after graduation, obviously we probably wouldn't be able to make it there tonight we'd have to spend the night somewhere, but we both thought it would be a good experience for us. By the time we had a chance to even look at the clock it was 1:30 in the afternoon. "Do you wanna stop for lunch? it's after 1:30?" I asked. "sure what do you want?" he asked. "maybe McDonald's, or I guess we could eat something here, maybe left over pizza or even a sub sandwich?" he suggested. "I'm down for a sandwich, do you want me to make yours for you?" I asked. "you don't have to, I'll come in there with you." he said. I smiled and he grabbed my face, leaning in for a kiss before we walked to the kitchen. We got all the ingredients out for a sandwich and sat them on the island. Making sure we had everything someone could want for a sandwich. I reached for different things adding a little bit of lettuce and some random condiments. "Yo you really just became a subway worker and you weren't gonna tell me?" He asked. "Sorry it's a skill, I could never give away such a secret." I said smiling, hitting my hand on the top of the mayonnaise container before placing it in one of the shelves in the refrigerator.

"maybe you'll pass that gene onto our kids one day, or at least share it with their school lunches." he mumbled. "Our kids?" I asked, finally finishing my sandwich and picking it up to dig in. "uh yeah, I mean like if we make it that far I guess, and if you even want them. Sorry it was probably stupid to say I was like word vomit actually." he said, finishing his sandwich also. "don't be upset about it, it didn't freak me out or anything. I just wasn't expecting you to say that, but I'm glad you did now I know what your page you're on." I said smiling. "are we on the same one?" he asked. "I think so." I said.

After we finished lunch we packed up our final things and then began getting ready for graduation. I curled my hair and did some natural eyeshadow. Finishing up my look with the short black dress and black heels i had to wear under the cap and gown. I took a quick look at myself and the time before exiting the bathroom and going into Vinnie's room to see what he was wearing. I walked in and saw his blonde curls sitting on top of his head, his head turning around and looking at me when he heard me walk in. He smiled at me, and I saw his whole outfit. All black suit with a Louis Vuitton belt and black shoes. 

We walked into the auditorium, caps and gowns in hand. we formed a line, getting checked by faculty members to make sure we had on the correct attire. before getting in line in alphabetical order. finally starting our walk to the field to finally get the thin piece of paper. 

"Vincent Cole Hacker" the principle called as I cheered and clapped at the sight of my boyfriend finally walking across the stage, after these past four dreaded years. about 30 minutes later it was my turn, walking across that stage and seeing the crowd full of people who are there to cheer on their loved ones. "Rhiannon Elana Tate" the principle called and i began to walk across the stage, the crowd filed with cheers and clapping from people i didn't even know i could see Vinnie in the audience and we made eye contact and smiled. I shook the hands of the people i was supposed to, taking the diploma from the principle and walking off the side of the stage and going back to my seat. The ceremony ended a few short minutes after and we all threw our caps into the air and watched them fall as it started to rain. 

i picked up my cap and diploma and ran, i ran through the students still talking to their peers some crying over not seeing them anymore, me crying from happiness of being freed from this place and being able to live my life in a new place with my boyfriend that i love. i ran to vinnie and he picked me up and spun me around. "Congratulations, i love you so much." i said. "congratulations baby, i love you more." he said, putting me down.