𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝

Start from the beginning

People have tried in the past, but it hardly ever worked. And, well, Edward and the Joker were the only ones who could bring that side out of her. She begins to think about the two of them. The Joker wanted her since he saw her at Arkham, and it wasn't even true love.. It was so he could manipulate her into breaking him out. It wasn't until she continued to peruse him that he finally gave in.

Edward, on the other hand, knew her since he was in love with her cousin. This gave them time to bond and become friends first.. It wasn't until Bella and him broke up that he began to follow Harleen around like a lost puppy. He was always trying to cheer her up, especially when she missed Gotham the most. No one ever wanted her as bad at him, not even her Mista J. At least that's what she and everyone else around them believed.

Harleen had only recently found out that that was a lie. She had always that she is nothing more than just damaged goods, and Edward was pure perfection, completely beyond words. How could she expect him to have truly loved her? She now believes that he was only interested in her because he couldn't hear her thoughts. Obviously, his fascinations with that had worn out, and he is now onto other distractions. He has left her life in shambles, a pitch black darkness. She is irrevocably broken, and all though Bella and Jacob have rebuilt her - in a sense, just like her rusty Harley Davidson - there is only so much can be fixed.

"Ma'am," the movie attendant all but shouts at Bella for being too distracted with texting Jacob on the phone to notice her turn.

Snapped out of her thoughts, also, Harleen glares at the worker. Meanwhile, Bella apologetically looks at the employee and steps in front of the glass.

"I'm sorry. Um, can I have three tickets for Crosshairs," she says, flustered. She's blushing as she awkwardly hands him the money.

"May I see your I.D please," he asks in an annoyed tone.

Harleen watches as Bella passes it to him.

When he gives it back, he simply replies with, "Enjoy the movie."

Turning around, Harleen hooks her arm around Bella's and leans into her ear. "Geez, what's wrong with him?"

Bella sighs and shrugs her shoulders. They finally make it over to the boys, Bella being the only one to notice how Mike looks a little off. "Are you okay, Mike," she asks, concerned.

"I'm fine," he responds as he lightly puts his hand on her shoulder.

She glances over at Jacob, and he doesn't look too happy. She decides to use handing Jacob his ticket as a guise to slide out from beneath Mike's clammy hand. It works and then they walk into the theater, but not before a Harleen snorts and smacks Jacob upside the head. She finds it cute how overprotective he is over Bella. Stepping inside, Jacob returns the gesture by harshly flicking her forehead. The two of them play wrestle whilst Bella orders food for the crew and Mike stands at the sidelines awkwardly.

Once inside the theater room, the four of them take their seats in the middle of the room. They're happy to be lucky enough to get the best seats in the house. But what would make this even better would be a little more space. Mike and Jake are sandwiching Bella into the middle whilst Harleen sits at the edge, next to Mike. She could feel how awkward and uncomfortable this is for Bella, but can't help herself from finding some sort of amusement in this.

The movie then begins to play on the large screen, and she becomes captivated by the first scene, stuffing large quantities of buttered popcorn into her mouth.

Bella's mind keeps wandering over to Jake, who is sitting to her left with his arm taking up the entire arm rest, his palm up.

Poor Mike, she thinks to herself. I haven't even given him a second look. Maybe I should've cancelled, then it wouldn't be so awkward...