Epilogue

Epilogue

Some time later

Maya sat on the edge of the bed and stared at her swollen belly. Her hands shook slightly as she stared at the pool of water that had gushed down her legs and onto the rug underneath her feet.

"Heyder...." her voice came out in a whisper.

"Hmm?" The jinn moaned. He laid beside her with his face buried in the pillows and his shirt forgotten somewhere else in the room.

"Heyder," Maya said a little louder. "Wake up."

"Birdie, 5 more minutes," Heyder mumbled.

"I don't have 5 more minutes," Maya looked down at her belly.

"I swear I just got to be like 2 seconds ago," Heyder pulled Maya's pillow and placed it over the back of his head.

"Heyder!" Maya tugged at the covers. "The baby is coming."

"What?" Heyder slowly lifted his head and opened his sleepy eyes. "You're not due for another week or two."

"Fine. Go back to sleep," Maya rose from the bed. She grabbed a pillow and threw it at Heyder's head. "You can come meet your son in a week or two."

"Maya," Heyder groaned. He pushed the covers off of himself and climbed out of bed. As soon as his bare feet touched the wet rug, his eyes widened as if someone had poured a bucket of cold water over his head. In a blink of an eye, Heyder was in front of Maya scooping her up into his arms.

"Nurse!" He hollered as he appeared in the medical wing of the palace. "Call Dr. Alden!"

"Maya already linked me," Rye said as she poked her head out of one of the rooms. "Right in here."

Heyder carried Maya into the private room and laid her down on the bed. He gripped her hand as the nurses began to work on her. He turned to look at her but found her eyes already glued to his face.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Are you okay?" Maya asked.

"I'm........I don't know what I'm feeling right now," Heyder chuckled.

"Heyder."

"Yes, birdie?"

"You can stop healing me," Maya looked down at their hands. "I'm okay."

Heyder frowned as he scanned Maya's face, "Does it hurt?"

"Not yet," Maya said. "My water just broke."

"I'm not taking any chances," Heyder shook his head.

"I might be in labor for a long time."

"Okay."

"It'll just be waiting around."

"Okay," Heyder nodded again.

"First child is always longer."

"Maya," Heyder leaned in a little closer to get a closer look at the girl's eyes. "What are you trying to do?"

"You don't have to be here for the whole time," Maya said slowly.

"Excuse me?" Heyder frowned.

"All I'm saying is you have a lot to do at court," Maya said. "Ali will be overwhelmed without you and honestly nothing is going to happen here for a few hours. You can go to court and make it back with plenty of time to spare."

Heyder narrowed his eyes and tried to judge if she was actually being serious. His dark eyes drilled into Maya as she looked up at him through her lashes.