Ch.17 Creating Chaos

Chapter 17

"You got some nerve showing up here, Mirza," Heyder snared as he took a step forward and shielded Maya. "Get out!"

He turned to look at Exton over his shoulder, "You too. Both of you, get out of my house!"

"Do not speak to my dad like that!" Maya shoved at his arm as she walked around from behind him.

"Maya, I just want to speak to you," Mirza held up his hands to show he had no ill will.

"I don't want to talk to you," Maya shook her head. "You need to leave."

"He's going to break your heart!" Mirza said. He looked over their shoulders to Exton, "Do you know about the curse?"

"What curse?" Exton asked in alarm.

"Nothing," Maya said quickly. "Mirza, shut up before I really kill you this time."

"This is the tiger guy you had coffee with?" Exton pointed. "He's Heyder's brother?"

"You had coffee with him?" Heyder looked at Maya with annoyance.

"Oh shut up," Maya said. "You have a whole ass wife standing over there."

"That's his wife?" Exton's voice boomed. "What in the world is going on?"

"She's not my wife!" Heyder protested.

"I'm his fiance," Fiza said.

"Maya!" Exton's eyes widened.

"Daddy, please," Maya rushed to her father. "I'll explain everything. It's all very complicated."

"It won't be if you pick me," Mirza said.

"You're still here?" Heyder took a threatening step forward. "Get out!"

"Not until I speak to Maya,"

"I don't want to speak to you," Maya said, turning to face the brothers.

"Maya, please," Mirza flashed forward and grabbed Maya's hand. "Just for a se-"

"Wrong move," Exton said as he shoved Mirza back and blocked his path to his daughter.

Mirza stumbled back a few inches before rage flashed across his eyes. They shifted like Heyder's and started to glow an eerie red. Exton braced himself as Maya put up a shield around her father.

But before Mirza could do anything, Heyder tackled him to the ground. Fiza screamed in fright as she jumped out of the way. Maya stepped around her father to get a better view of that was happening.

Heyder raised his fists and hammered down on Mirza's face. Punch after punch as the Jinn on the ground struggled to push him off. After a few seconds, Mirza pushed off the ground using his magic and sent Heyder flying through the air. Maya caught him with a shield and stopped him from slamming into the stone wall above the fireplace.

While hovering mid-air, Heyder blasted his brother in the chest. Mirza snared as he snapped his fingers and all the knives from the kitchen came flying into the room. Maya barely had time to react as she guided Heyder down and tried to block the knives. With a scattered mind, she was able to stop only the ones aimed directly for Heyder.

"Fiza!" Heyder yelled from the floor as a stray knife grazed against her arm.

Exton pulled Maya out of the way as Mirza tried to grab her while Heyder was distracted. Fiza screamed as she grabbed her injured arm with tears running down her face.

"Get away from her!" Exton said to Mirza as he kicked him in the stomach. Mirza huffed in anger and lunged at the werewolf. Maya put up a shield but the jinn burnt through it. Exton pushed her back a few feet as Mirza collided with him and they started to throw punches at each other.