Ch.6 Tigress

Chapter 6

Maya felt as if she had been transported back to the white sand beach of Greece where she was Theodora and Mirza was Stefano. Her heart didn't know how to act as she quickly hurried out of the store. The corner of Mirza's lips curved up slightly into a friendly greeting as Maya brought the deception spell down. Behind her she could hear Adeline calling to her, but the blood rushing past Maya's ears was louder.

With wide eyes and in utter disbelief, Maya watched as Mirza walked past her. For the briefest second he held her eyes as he stared at her in confusion. Maya was sure he must have thought she was crazy but she couldn't look away.

"Wait!" She finally called out when he had dropped his gaze and walked past her.

Mirza stopped and looked over his shoulder. He said a quick farewell to the person on the phone and hung up.

"Yes?" He asked.

"I....Um...." Maya stuttered like a child. "What's your name?"

The man paused for a little bit and raised a brow. He turned around completely and peered at Maya's face.

"I know you," he said.

"Yes, you do," Maya couldn't help the small nervous laugh that came out of her lips. "I know you too."

"You're Princess Maya," Mirza said.

Maya felt as if someone had taken a giant balloon and popped her lungs. She physically felt the smile drop from her face as she stared at Mirza.

"Hello, your grace," Mirza smiled and bowed his head.

"Hello," Maya said in a quiet voice. "What's your name?"

"Mirza. Mirza Kattan, your grace."

"Oh," Maya searched his eyes, knowing nothing of what she was looking for. "Have we met before, Mirza?"

"I don't think so, your grace," Mirza smiled as he shook his head.

"You seem very familiar to me," Maya tried to push to see if maybe, just maybe he might recognize her. But when Mirza stood in front of her in confusion, she let out the breath she was holding and ran a hand through her hair.

Adeline walked out of the store as a small crowd began to gather around Maya and the curly haired boy. She looked at her sister with concern as the people began to click photos with their phones.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, Mr. Kattan," Maya gave a tight lip smile. "You just reminded me of someone I used to know."

"It's not a problem, your grace," Mirza bowed his head.

"Good day," Maya gave a nod as she turned on her heels and walked over to where Adelien waited for her. She wasn't sure why her tummy was rolling or why it felt as if her rib cage was shrinking. The restlessness and the nervous inside of Maya made her brain blare out a billion sirens as she quickly walked away from the boy.

"Princess?" Mirza's voice suddenly stopped Maya. She turned around to find the boy walking up to her with a shy smile.

"Yes?"

"I may be overstepping my boundaries here or even shooting for the stars, but......may I have your number?"

Maya tilted her head slightly as she narrowed her eyes at him, "My number?"

"Yes...." Mirza cleared his throat. "Maybe we can.... have coffee together."

"Coffee?" Maya's brow raised.

Adeline took pity upon the boy in front of her sister. He was obviously nervous and his timid gaze and fidgeting hands were a dead give away. She rolled her eyes as she watched Maya play with him some more.