Ch.7 Sweet Baby

Chapter 7

Adeline quietly sipped her tea as her blue eyes stole glances at her sister. Maya bit off the edge of her toast and raised a brow.

"I feel you looking at me," she said as she cut her turkey bacon.

"I saw you dance with Mirza last night,"

"Yes?" Maya chewed on her food. "And?"

"It was nice," Adeline smiled politely. "Was he sweet?"

"I wouldn't know," Maya sighed. "I didn't lick him."

"You know what I mean,"

"He talks too much."

"So do you," Adeline laughed. "Did he ask you out for coffee again?"

"Yeah, he did."

"Did you accept?"

"No."

"Why?"

"That would be cheating."

"Who would you be cheating on?"

"Nick."

"Maya," Adeline rolled her eyes. "Stop being stupid. You met this guy twice in the span of 24 hours. It's pretty safe to say the universe is trying to make something happen."

"You know he rescues tigers?"

Adeline blinked in surprise, "Um...that's new."

"I don't know how I feel about that."

"What do you mean?"

"Every time I think about it I automatically hear a American southern accent."

"You're now just looking for excuses to not like this guy."

"I don't need excuses to not like people. I dislike plenty of people who have never done anything to me," Maya shrugged as she went back to focusing on her breakfast. She could feel Adeline fidgeting in her seat as if she had ants in her pants. Maya was about to ask her what the matter was when there was a knock at the front door.

One of the queen's guards walked in with a dozen red roses and bowed his head.

"Good morning," he said.

"Morning, Joe." Adeline smiled politely.

"You have Ben wrapped around your little finger, don't you?" Maya laughed as she eyed the flower.

"We're in love," Adeline gave her sister a wink. "What can I say?"

"Actually...." Joe, a tall young man with short black hair, tried to hold back a small smile. "These flowers are for you, Princess Maya."

"Me?" Maya scrunched up her nose. "From who?"

"Mirza Kattan," Joe said as he handed Maya the roses.

"Oooo," Adeline wiggled her brows as she smiled at her sister.

"Shut up," Maya said to her as she took the roses and pulled out the little card. She quickly opened it and read the messy handwriting.

Coffee? I'm waiting downstairs. If you don't show up by noon, I'll take that as a no.

Maya read the note again as she rolled her eyes. She set the roses down and tossed the card on top of it. Adeline immediately grabbed it and read the inscription.

"Maya," she squealed. "You have to go."

"No," Maya shook her head.

"Why are you being so stubborn?" Adeline frowned as Joe slowly backed out of the room. "He sent these beautiful flowers and he's waiting downstairs for you. It's so romantic."