When I flushed my mouth after finishing up, I heard a crash from outside, making my heart drop. I hurried out of the bathroom, ignoring the cramps in my stomach as I hurried downstairs.

Molly and Ginny stood in the open door to outside.

"Hagrid!" Molly called. "Hagrid! What happened?! Have you seen the others?"

"Is no one back yet?" I heard Harry's voice. Ginny shook her head.

"They were on us from the start, Molly." Hagrid's voice sounded. "The death eaters. And you-know-who as well."

I looked at Molly, seeing how she tried to hide her panic and that made me panic even more on the inside. Kathleen was standing behind the sofa she had been sitting on all evening and Deanne stood only a few feet from her.

"Well, thank goodness you two are alright." Molly said, motioning for them to come inside.

"Haven't got any brandy, have yeh, Molly? For medical purposes?"

Molly nodded at Hagrid and the two entered. I stepped down from the last step on the staircase, a hand on my stomach.

"You know absolutely nothing about anyone else?" I asked them.

"Sorry Liz, but no." Harry shook his head. I closed my eyes with a sigh, banging my fist gently down on the railing of the staircase.

"Ron and Tonks should've been back already." Ginny said. "Dad and Fred as well."

"Oh Merlin." I breathed. I walked back to the table and sat down. I picked up the teacup, taking a large sip.

Blue lights suddenly shot through the darkness outside and I looked towards the windows, hoping to see something. Harry and Ginny both rushed outside and I would to if it wasn't for the cramps getting stronger.

"Oh my god! George!" I heard Ginny explain in terror. My eyes widened and I looked to Kathleen who looked at me, just as much fear in her eyes.

"The house!" Lupin shouted from outside. "Quickly!"

Through the door came Harry and Lupin with George hanging with his arms around their necks. It felt like my heart stopped and everything happened in slow motion before my eyes. I pulled myself to my feet, watching as they led my barely conscious husband to the sofa. His left ear was bleeding violently. So much that the blood was running down his neck.

"My boy! My darling boy! What've they done to you!" Molly exclaimed as she hurried to make room before they put George down on his back on the sofa.

My body felt heavy, my feet felt like rocks as I made my way over to the back of the sofa.

"George." I managed to get out in a heavy breath. Molly sat by his side and tried comforting him, running her hand repeatedly through his hair.

I placed a hand on his arm, gently rubbing it. He was okay. He was going to be okay. He had to be okay.

Suddenly Lupin grabbed Harry by the collar and pinned him against the wall, a wand pressed to his throat. Everything seemed like an echo, everything felt heavy and I felt sick in my entire stomach.

George was hurt

George was hurt

George was hurt

George was—

"Remus!" Ginny shouted and I snapped back to reality. All the sounds were no longer echos and I could hear them clearly. "What're you doing?!"

"What creature sat in the corner the first time that Harry Potter visited my office at Hogwarts!" Lupin yelled in Harry's face.

"Are you mad...!"