twenty four

Natsu's POV

I figured it was extremely cheesy and cliché to say that I felt butterflies in my stomach and electric sparks flying though me, but I didn't really care in that moment, because that was exactly how I was feeling.

The final wall was broken down as I automatically leaned back under the pressure, pressing my back against the wet lamp post as I tilted my head back. A jolt of pain rushed through my abdomen but I ignored it. I relished in the happiness I was feeling, the jelly-leg sensation and the weak fluttering in my chest, because I was head-over-heels and oh, so happy.

"Why the fuck are you so tall," I complained with a moan between kisses. He chuckled and it resonated in ribbons off his flesh to the point where I felt it more than I heard it. One of his hands remained tenderly on my cheek, the other travelling to the back of my head. He weaved his fingers through my wet locks and I had to admit, I guiltily loved the feeling.

We kissed and kissed, and time seemed to slow down. We could've been standing there, getting drenched in the chilly rain, for a few seconds or minutes or hours, but it didn't really make a difference because kissing Gray simultaneously felt like a split moment and an eternity.

Our lips softly broke apart, and his forehead rested against mine softly. I ran my tongue over my bottom lip suggestively, my eyes darting between his mouth and his eyes. From so close up, I could see my flushed expression in the dilated, obsidian pupils.

"Come on, we can't stay out here forever. You'll get sick," Gray whispered, looking genuinely concerned. He didn't have to be that loud because the proximity between us was minimum. "You're all wet."

After a second, I caught the innuendo. I whacked his arm and narrowed my eyes. "You're completely soaked too, for your information," I pointed out flatly. Gray shook his head and bent over to grab the umbrella. He shook out the excess water collecting inside and raised it over our heads. I ducked under, seemingly forced to be pushed up against the side of his body.

I mean, not like I was complaining.

We walked back in silence, the only sound encasing us being the sound of the rain. I wished I could've grabbed his hand, but the one that was easiest to hold was currently holding up the umbrella, and besides, my hand was clammy and pruney, which would probably be disgusting to feel. We arrived at Gray's house, and he immediately shook his head.

"I'm not letting you walk home alone, in the dark, in the rain, without an umbrella. You'll catch hypothermia and it'll be my fault," Gray said firmly before I was able to interject. "Nope! Don't say anything. I don't mind- honestly." 

I sighed, laughing amusedly as we continued up the hill. I was hypersensitive to my surroundings- particuarly Gray. The sound of his breathing, the way his arm mushed against mine, the tiny, happy sighs. I smiled fondly, staring at the old pavement. I wondered where this kiss ordeal left us. Should I bring it up, or simply go with the flow? I thought worriedly.

"What are we?" I said the former option before I could stop myself. 

"Homo sapiens," Gray answered cheekily. "Emphasis on homo." (A/N: I AM CHOKING WITH LAUGHTER AT MY HORRIBLE JOKE)

"Hardee har. No, seriously," I put on a straight face.

"Well," Gray tapped his chin with his free hand, pretending to mull the options over. "What do you want us to be?"

I was at a loss at that question for a second. What did I want? Let's see- I wanted to be with Gray, but I knew there were so many problems standing in our way. My parents wouldn't approve, and I didn't even know how his parents would react! That posed a question in my mind.