thirteen

I feel bad for always forgetting to do this, but thank you for 5k+ reads! I've only been working on this story for a month and it's already pretty popular :) Also hit 35k on Melting Gray! That's insane! I wonder if I'll get to 50k...?

Natsu's POV

"There is toothpaste caked under my nails, dimwit," I complained to Gray irritably.

"Well, maybe you should've used a knife instead of scraping off the icing then, huh, stupid?" He fired back sarcastically.

I gave him a death glare and he matched it, looking at me murderously. "Whatever. Look, four more. Let's hurry up before anyone shows up," He offered breathlessly. I nodded and peeled off the icing as neatly as I could on the last of the chocolate, vanilla-creme cookies.

Gray slathered on the last of the pearly white toothpaste on the clean cookies and re-assembled them, setting them delicately in the bag. I always hated the Oreo's packaging- the middle row was easy and acceptable, but it was near impossible to get out a single cookie from the other rows, and when you finally do, it breaks.

Gray dealt with the mountain of frosting patties while I re-sealed the package and sneakily tip-toed back to the snack table and returned the bag to its rightful place. Rushing back to my spot, I was ready to enjoy the impending doom of strangers. That would sound really menacing if it didn't have context, I thought wearily.

"We have arrived!" A voice boomed from behind me. I sighed, knowing exactly who it was.

"Hey, Bumblebee," I called him by his hated nickname, not bothering to look behind me. I was glad I did, because Sting was pulling a stupid standing-Hamlet pose, hands on his hips and reaching dramatically into the clear blue sky.

"I said never call me that," Sting grumbled. Rogue covered his mouth and closed his eyes in hysterical laughter as his fringe shaded over one eye messily. Sting heard him wheezing and whirled around, faking anger at the black-haired male. "Rogue, not you too..."

"Sorry, can't help it," Rogue chuckled. "Bzzzz."

Sting him a flat look and began to set his blanket up next to mine. "So, what's the plan?" He asked curiously, taking a seat closely next to Rogue on his purple checkered blanket.

"Uh, lots of games and food," I racked my brain, trying to remember when my parents were telling me about it. I usually dose off when it comes to their eco-event lectures. "Kiddie stuff. You know."

"Ooh," Sting rubbed his hands together. "This will be exciting!"

"You are so mature," Rogue said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. Sting giggled and rested his head lazily on Rogue's shoulder, looking up into his flushed cheeks.

"Thank you," He winked. I scoffed and laid back down, looking at the sky again. "Say, where is everyone?"

"Here we are!" Lucy chorused from up the hill, waving at us. She was accompanied by Flare, Gajeel, and Levy. Gajeel seemed to be holding Levy's satchel, which I thought was confusing and unneeded, but it was gentlemanly, I assumed level-headedly. They too put out their blankets and we had formed a giant sitting square for the 8 of us.

"I'm hungry," Sting announced, getting up. "Who wants to go get snacks with me?" He asked excitedly, weirdly passionate. Okay, not weirdly passionate. That part was definitely normal.

"I'll come," Rogue got to his feet. Flare and Gajeel also stood up and the four of them went to the snack table down the hill. That left me, Lucy, Levy, and Gray.

I'm the only name with 5 letters, I noted to myself. Weird, but cool.

"So, just throwing this out here, but uh," Lucy wet her lips with a swipe of her tongue nervously, "Are yall doing
the doodly doo?"