A Date?

I walked home in a better mood. I needed to let the war go. It was over, no matter what I could've changed or did different. It had happened now. I did have a friend at school, and I was proud to say his name. Draco Malfoy was my best friend at school, and I Tina Scamander was his crush. I mean me? I was someone's crush! I walked into the store where Harry, Ron and Hermione were standing and they looked at me worriedly. "It wasn't my fault" I smiled. They all pulled me into a hug. "You didn't cause Fred's death Tina, he choose to fight in the war" Ron said into my shoulder. I tightened the hug and let go with him smiling at me. "Well I should get back to work" I told them. "Tina could I show Hermione and Ron... the... you know" I laughed. "Of course they're due feeding, the case is in the stock room." The three of them smiled wildly thanking me and running to the stock room. "They won't ever stop being the Golden Trio" I laughed to myself, picking up stock.

The next couple of weeks went pretty quiet, George had been avoiding me every chance he could, which was upsetting. I mean he managed to avoid me and we lived together. I also hadn't heard from Fred, which was sad. I was working in the shop alone as usual. Ron had a couple of weeks off for his other job, and George was too busy avoiding me to work. I served a few customers, and when it turned 6pm I closed the shop up. I restocked everything and counted the money placing it in the safe. I sighed. Was this my life now? It wasn't as enjoyable without George here with me. I'm going to look for a new job. If he was going to be stubborn and horrible, trying to avoid me constantly then I'm not staying around.

I left the shop and walked around Diagon Alley. I looked over at 'Flourish and Blots' and saw there was a 'Help Wanted' sign on the window. I smiled, must have been my lucky day. I walked in and took a look about, wow I haven't been here since school. I smiled as I saw the person behind the desk. Oliver Wood. He didn't know me, and I had only seen him about school, Because he was the Gryffindor Quidditch captain for a couple of years. "Hey I saw you had a help wanted sign on the door? Are you still looking for help?" I asked him, he smiled brightly at me. "Yes we are" he told me all the stuff I would have to bring in, and gave me stuff for the interview. "Thankyou so much" I smiled. I was about to leave when he stopped me. "Did you go to Hogwarts?" He asked. I smiled again. "Yeah I was Hufflepuff, Harry Potter's year" he looked confused. "Howcome I never saw you about?" He asked. "Oh I kept to myself" I admitted. "I'm sure I would've saw you at some point, I want to kick myself knowing I didn't notice a beautiful girl like you" he said, I blushed, everyone had a crush on Oliver Wood at school. He was an amazing Quidditch player, and quite handsome if I was honest, he had most certainly aged well too. "Thanks" I smiled.
"Are you free Thursday?" He asked. I looked at him furrowing my eyebrows. "After work I suppose why?" I asked him.
"How about a date to make up for the fact I didn't get the pleasure to meet you at Hogwarts?" He asked. I smiled turning around for the door. What did I have to loose? It's not as if George wanted me anytime soon. "Yeah. Sounds good" he smiled.
"Thursday at 5? I'll meet you here?" He asked. "Yeah okay. See you Thursday" I told him, I closed the shop door, and breathed in. I had a date. A small smile played on my lips before I headed back to the flat.

When I got back Ginny was in the store. "Hey what's made you so smiley?" She asked. Was I smiling? I didn't even notice. "Oh nothing" I smiled placing my bag on the counter. "Oh come on tell me" she begged. I sighed. "I got asked out on a date today" I told her sitting on the counter. "A date? By who?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows. "Oliver Wood, he's working in Flourish and Blotts" I told her. "Oh" she replied. She looked sad for a moment, but it turned into a smile. "When is it? I'll come help you get ready! We can invite Hermione as well" she looked excited. "It's at 5pm on Thursday" I told her. "Great see you at 12 on Thursday" she grabbed her bag and left the shop. I smiled sighing.

I walked up to the flat and sat my stuff down in the kitchen table and I went through to the room to get ready for bed. I had a shower and put my pjs on, placing Tommy in his bed. I smiled and went through to the kitchen for a glass of water. "You're leaving?" George spoke, he was holding all the papers for my interview at Flourish and Blotts. " I uh-"
I couldn't answer what do you say. Well George you've avoided me for about a month now? So yeah I'm leaving. "I don't know" I told him. I looked down as he slammed the papers down on the table. "You could've warned me" he sighed sitting down on the couch. "I'm glad that's all you care about!" I said going into my room and shutting the door. How dare he? How could I tell him when he just constantly avoided me. I sighed getting into bed, and falling asleep.