heading south

(Josephine's cabin) 

Alison's POV

*BUZZ BUZZ!!* My alram clock sang for me to awaken from my beauty sleep, "ugh! its too early to travel!" i thought, Today is the day i leave to go stay with my grandmother Josephine for 3 months it's gonna be my first time back to the mountains of Tellico plains since i was 13 and i can't wait. i shower and do my make up and pack it all up and put on sweatpants and a tank top for the plane ride, it's gonna be nice to spend time with Grandma i haven't seen her in years.

after hours of flying i arrive in Maryville, Tn its about an hour away from Grandmas cabin in Tellico plains it's a little town in the valley of the Cherohala Mountains as a child i used to play in blad river with my cousins, i head to the baggage claim and get my luggage, as i walk out of the airport i see grandma waiting for me by her car and i run to her and give her a big hug "its so good too see you Alison" Grandma Josephine said as she breaks our hug i look at her and she's barely aged since i last saw her "you too! and my goodness Grandma you've barely aged!" she smile's and says "well thanks sweetie! you've gotten so beautiful just like your mother" i smile back and say "thank you Grandma! are you ready to head to your place?" she says "yes" and helps me put my luggage in the trunk of her car and we leave the airport.

an hour later we're driving up the Big ridge to Grandmas cabin it looks the same as it did when i was little i've spent so many nights here, we walk into the cabin and the smell of the cabin hits me it smells of cider logs and cookies my favorite smell!, we take my luggage to the loft bedroom where i used to sleep as a child and grandma helps me unpack after we go to the den and make a fire "how have you been Alison?" Grandma asked "i've been well! and im glad to be here with you its been too long" i answer her "i know it has and im glad you are too" after catching up and playing checkers we go to the kitchen to make supper and after we watched little house on the prairie and around 10 i head up to the loft and put on my PJs and cuddle up under the warm blanket that Grandma made and in no time i'm asleep.