The supper

(Picture of Blake's cabin) 

Alison's POV

i wake up to the sound of rain on the tin roof i lay there for awhile and i finally get up and go shower and get ready to go out for breakfast at Hardee's "Grandma! i'm going to get breakfast at hardee's you want a biscuit?" i ask walking into Grandma's room "just a minute Hun" i hear her say from her bathroom she comes out in her bathrobe "good morning sweetie! i'd love a biscuit, can you get me one with ham and cheese?" she asks "yeah i'll get you one, can i have your car keys?" "they're on the table downstairs sweetie" she says "ok thanks Grandma i'll hurry back" i say and hug her goodbye.

i start Grandma's Jeep and start driving down the ridge and down the long driveway to the small gravel road and make my way into tellico plains, it's such a small town in the valley in of the mountains, Hardee's drive-thru is lined up way too long so i find a parking place and go in and give my order the the old lady at the counter, after waiting i finally get mine and Grandma's food and make my way to the jeep and make my drive home and as i drive up the long driveway i see the black Wolf running through the woods and out of no where it jumps out in front of the car and i hit the brakes just before i run it over and it just stands there staring at me with a look in it's eyes almost like it's trying to look into my soul then it looks away and takes off again to the woods, that thing is weird i think and i try to calm down from being about scared half to death, i parked the jeep and get the bag of food and make my way up the steps to the cabin and once i'm on the porch i stop and look at the view from the cabin and try to look for the wolf scared that maybe it's watching me, i open the door and walk in and i hear Grandma calling for me in kitchen i walk in there to find Grandma sipping her coffee "here hunny i made you some coffee too" she says handing me a cup of coffee "thanks" i say sitting down the hardee's bag and taking out our biscuits and Grandma hers and as we eat she asks "so are you still going to Blake's for supper tonight?" "i guess so but i don't know what to wear and i'm worried because i don't really know him" i say and take a drink of my coffee "well hunny you'll be fine and just dress like you always do" she says with a smile i sigh and say "i just hope he cooks good" with a laugh "oh he brings me food every once in awhile and it's always good" she says while throwing away her biscuit wrapper "why is he so nice to you for?" i ask "i don't know he just says he wants to help me out when he can, i think he's such a nice boy" she says with a smile "he seems to be but we'll see" i say.

it was about 7:30 when i started getting ready for supper with Blake, i'm wearing a light blue button up shirt with white roses on it and dark wash boot cut jeans with my ariat boots, i put on my makeup lightly and spray on perfume and make my way downstairs "oh my darlin' you look so beautiful!" Grandma says "thanks gran, i'm gonna head to Blake's" i say "ok hun have fun" she says as she hugs me i open the front door and walk over to the jeep and start driving down the ridge to Blake's cabin and pull into his drive way, it's a long curvy driveway and it's really dark since it's in the hollow, i see his cabin and it's beautiful it's a little bigger than Grandma's cabin and it's more rustic and manly, i park my jeep next to his big truck and turn it off and get out and walk down the pathway to the front door and i knock lightly on the door and right away he comes and opens the door "well hello Alison it's so nice to see you again" he's says happily "hey Blake it's nice to see you again too" i say back "come on in suppers waiting" he says and guides my to his dinning room where the table is set with food "mmm it smells so good! is that sweet potato's?" i ask "yes it is i hope you like them, here let me pull out your chair for you" he says as he pulls out my chair for me, such a gentlemen i think as i thank him and sit down "help yourself darlin" he says so southern, all through super we talk about our lives and get to know each other and he seems like a really down to earth guy and he's so kind hearted "so what brings you back here?" he asks "well it's been years since i've been home and i want to help out my grandma while i still can and i just missed it here it's so free and wild and beautiful here and i love the mountains always have" i answer him "i understand i don't think i could ever leave this little peace of heaven" he says, i sip my sweet tea and say "how long have you lived here? because i don't remember you when i was a kid" "well me and my family moved here from Cherokee NC when i was 17 and i've been here since" he answers me "oh, me and my family moved from here to Memphis when i was 13 and i didn't really like it there, it's too busy and too packed for me i like it here because it's so far away from everything and it's so peaceful and i love the woods and the wildlife" i say with a smile "i feel ya the city just for me either i like the mountains" he says "you said you had a big family didn't you? how many brothers and sisters do you have?" i ask "well i do, i have 4 brothers and 4 sisters, i'm the oldest and the best looking" he says with a smirk "wow that's crazy! i'm a only child and i always wanted a sister but my parents didn't want anymore kids after me" i said "well your lucky! it was crazy growing up with so many siblings it was always so loud in our house that's why when i was old enough i moved out here, i like it better here alone it's way more peaceful" he says "are you done with your food?" he asks "oh yes um i'll help you wash the dishes" i say and take my plate and put it in the sink and he gets the dish soap and runs the water and i wash the dishes and he dries them and once we're done it's 10:45  "wow look at the time i better get going thank you for such a good supper" i say "your welcome darlin' i loved having you here it was nice" he says "yes it was nice being here, we'll have to do this again sometime" i say "yes we will maybe i can show you around my land sometime" he says "that would be nice, i better go now " i say with a smile "ok sweetie i'll show you to the door" he says as he leads me to the door "thanks again it was amazing" i say "your welcome" he says "bye Blake" i say as i walk out the door "bye Alison until next time".

it was about 4am when i was awoken by the sound of howls outside, a chill runs up my spine and i can feel my heart beating so fast in my chest, i get up and go to Grandma's room i knock on her door and say "Grandma? are you awake? do you hear that?" "yes hunny it's ok it's just the wolves they must've killed a deer, they'll stop howling in a little while now go back to your room and get some sleep" she says sweetly "ok" i say and go back to my room and look out my window and i see a deer running for it's life with at least 4 wolves on it's tail i gasp and back away and get in bed and i didn't sleep a wink that night.