ℙ𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥 ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕤

We were stunned. Literally stunned. It felt like we both were sinking in our seats.

What is Clay doing here? Why is he with Amy? Why are they kissing? How the- What the- When did this- 

"..ka, Elka?"

I was pulled out by Zinnia from drowning in my own thoughts who was calling and shaking me. 

"Wh-what?" I asked her. 

"Take me back," she said, looking down at her lap.

I fell silent for a few seconds before nodding my head and started the engine. I stopped my car in front of our house causing Zinnia to look at me with perplexity. 

"Why did you stop here?" she asked.

"You get out. I've got to go somewhere," I said, my eyes on the steering wheel.

"You're going to Amy's, right?" she asked, to which I kept mum.

"Elka, you don't ha-"

"Get out, Zinnia. I'll come back right now."

She sighed in defeat as she knew it was bootless talking to me right now and with that, she didn't have the energy. 

I stepped on the accelerator and drove to Amy's house, again. I have got a lot of questions on my mind that if I didn't get answers to those, my mind was likely to explode and that was the last thing I wanted to happen. 

I parked my car after making sure that Clay's car wasn't anywhere near. I stood in front of her house, put up a calm face and rang the bell. 

"Elka!" Amy cried and gave me a tight hug.

I hugged her back. 

"Come in," she said, making way for me. 

"How are you?" I asked her. 

"I'm fine. You? And what's with this outfit?" she asked, eyeing me up and down. 

"Was someone here?" I asked her, straightforwardly. 

She looked at me, a wave of confusion washed over her face. 

"Umm...no. It's just me because mom went to work."

"Well, smells like Clay Miller here. You know, his usual mint perfume," I said, looking around her house and then at her. 

Amy's mouth was widened and her eyes were saying many things. She sighed before sitting on her couch. 

"Why didn't you tell me, Amy? Why are you hiding it from me?" I asked, standing a few inches away from her.

"How did you know?" she asked, her voice low. 

"Answer my question first. Why didn't you tell me that you're with Clay? Also, did you lie to Zinnia that you were fucking sick when she asked you to hang out with her?"

Amy snapped her head towards me and shook her head vigorously. 

"No no no. I was really sick. My stomach was upset because of food poisoning. I got well only yesterday. I was about to call Zinnia and make it upto her. I swear, Elka, I didn't lie. Not to you or Zinnia. I swear," she said, her tears streaming all the way down to her short chin.