ℝ𝕦𝕖

Me, Zinnia, Amy and Lily were sitting at the steps of the ground entrance as the last hours were free for us.

There were guys who were getting ready to practice soccer for their upcoming tournament while cheer girls were warming up on the side. Ash was also there, stealing glances at Amy who was busy talking and laughing with Zinnia. It seemed like Ash was missing her as she was avoiding him nowadays. Well, let him have a taste of his own medicine!

I was sitting beside Lily and commenting on guys when Andrew came and stood in front of us. 

"Hey, baby," Lily said, spreading her arms and dangling her legs, calling him for a hug.

Andrew chuckled at her cute actions and bent down to give her a tight hug and kissed her forehead. 

He indeed is a sweet guy. 

I smiled at their lovey-dovey interaction.

He pulled from the hug and smiled at me saying, "Hi, Elka."

"Hey, bro," I said, grinning. 

Lily and Andrew were taken aback hearing me calling him 'bro'.

Lily chucked while Andrew was still shocked.

"Are you practicing for any mannequin challenge?" I asked as I saw him standing still, his chest puffed.

Lily laughed and said, "Drew, breathe out."

"Ye-yeah," he stuttered. 

I let out a small chuckle and looked straight to the ground. Lily was talking to Andrew about her plans of going shopping when my stomach growled loudly which made her halt her words. They both looked at me which made my face blush with embarrassment. 

"What the hell was that?" Lily asked me.

"I didn't eat anything for lunch. As usual," I said, looking down at my feet.

"Why don't you eat lunch, Elka?" Andrew asked.

"She doesn't like the food here. And with that she didn't eat breakfast today as she woke up late," Lily said before I could open my mouth to reply to Andrew.

"But you're starving," he said.

"I know. It's fine. Just one more hour and then we are going home, right?" I said.

"So?" Andrew asked.

I looked at him with narrowed eyes to which he said, "I-I mean, are you going to starve for one more hour?"

"Maybe?" I replied, shrugging. 

"No, you're not!" he shot, receiving narrowed eyes from me again. "That was like the loudest rumble I have heard. Even I didn't have one like this when I was starving on su-" the rest of his sentence got stuck in his throat as he realised what he was saying.

I looked at Lily from the corner of my eyes while she was looking at him, her lips pressed into a thin line. Andrew giggled and shook his head to change the awkwardness.

"The point is, I'm not going to let you starve yourself. I'll go get something to eat."

"What? No, no need. I'm fine," I said, refusing his consideration.

"Don't expect a meal but a snack or something. I'll be right back," he said, ignoring my refusal and turning his heels. 

I was looking at him from afar until his figure faded from my sight. I turned my head towards Lily who was smiling at me.

Of course! She is happy!

"Why didn't you stop him?" I asked her.

"Why should I?" She threw back.