𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪

After parking my car in the slot, we three walked towards the building and saw Amy waiting for me at the entrance. 

"Hey," I said, giving her a hug.

"Hi all." She pulled back and greeted us.

"Hey," Zinnia said, smiling widely. 

"I saw your car entering the gate when I was walking so I thought I would wait for you," Amy said.

I smiled and nodded my head. Me and Amy headed to our class after saying goodbyes to Zinnia and Lily.

As we were walking to our class, we saw Ash standing at the class entrance. Me and Amy slowed our steps as soon as our eyes caught his figure. I looked at Amy and she looked at me. We went closer. As soon as Ash saw us, he walked towards us.

"Hey," he said, looking at Amy and then at me.

"Hi," me and Amy said in unison. 

"Where were you yesterday? I didn't see you at all," he said, gazing at Amy.

"I was a bit busy and after college, I went with Elka to hers," Amy said without looking at him but elsewhere. 

"Oh, ok," Ash said, nodding his head.

There was a few seconds of awkward silence that was so fucking uncomfortable for me. 

"I'll get going. You guys continue," I said, taking my leave as I felt I was intruding their conversation. 

"Elka, wait. I'm also coming." Amy caught my hand and turned to Ash. "Bye. I have got some homework to complete," she said and drew me to our class. 

I looked back to see Ash standing at his spot, gaping at us with knitted eyebrows. We entered the class and Amy sat on her assigned seat next to me while I stood beside and looked at her, who was busy taking books out of her bag.

"What was that about?" I asked, taking her attention. 

"What was what?" she asked.

I arched an eyebrow to which she smiled faintly.

"I think I should keep a distance from him before-" she halted her words.

"Before what?"

"Before I fall in love with him," she mumbled those words but I heard it plainly. 

I kept silent for a few seconds, watching Amy as she sighed and fiddled with her fingers resting on her lap.

"Leave that. Did you have fun yesterday?" I asked, taking my seat and trying to divert her mind from Ash. 

"Yeah, I did. And again thanks to you people. Especially Zinnia. She made me laugh so much with her dad jokes," Amy said, laughing. 

Zinnia scoring with her lame dad jokes!

"Yeah, Zin knows a lot of dad jokes," I agreed with her.

»»---------------------►

It was lunch break and me, Amy, Zinnia and Lily gathered at our table as usual. I made Zinnia sit beside me when Amy went to get water so that she was sitting in the middle of Amy and me now. Lily chuckled and shook her head seeing my effort to make Amy and Zinnia close.

Amy came back and her face showed a bit of surprise when she saw Zinnia sitting next to her place but she brushed it off the next second. She sat down beside Zinnia and they started to talk whilst Lily asked me, "What made you to be nice to Andrew yesterday?"

I looked at her with a bottle of apple juice in my hands. 

"Well..." I grew dim. I signed and said, "Zinnia said something that made me not to judge him without knowing him at all."