𝕄𝕚𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟 ℤ𝕚𝕟𝕞𝕪

It was morning and we three woke up early as Zinnia had to be at college for her project. 

I was drinking my coffee and nibbling cookies while Zinnia was on a call with her groupmate, giving her ideas on the project. And Lily, of course, was busy preparing breakfast. 

I was waiting for Zinnia to cut the call so I could talk to her about Amy. She completely ignored Amy yesterday, maybe because she was busy or she was acting busy. Well, I wanted closure about Zinnia and Amy so I was not going to procrastinate anything when it came to these two.

"Yeah, I will see you at college. Bye," Zinnia said, hanging up the call.

Finally!

"Hey, I wanna talk to you." I turned towards Zinnia. 

"Owwwkay," she said, dragging the 'okay' as she was a bit puzzled seeing my straight face.

"It's about Amy."

Zinnia rolled her eyes before saying, "Elka, I already told you. I-"

"Just zip your mouth and listen to me, will ya?" I cut her off.

Lily's focus averted from the bacon and eggs to us. 

She better not burn our breakfast!

"K," Zinnia said as she gestured, zipping her lips.

"I asked her about that Friday. About the talk between her and Ash."

"Wait, you just asked her about their conversation just like that? It's something between them. It's private," said Zinnia. 

"Zip!" I yelled. 

She sighed and leaned back on the chair.

"Yeah, I did. And screw the privacy. All that matters to me is-"

"Zinnia." This time Lily interrupted me and stood there, smiling. "We know, Elka. We know you love us."

I turned my head towards Lily before saying,
"Curiosity. All that matters to me is curiosity."

Lily's smile faded. 

"Now stop interrupting me you nitwits," I screamed. 

Lily didn't say anything and went back to cooking. 

I turned towards Zinnia and said, "I asked her casually and she didn't hesitate to tell me about it."

Zinnia nodded her head.

"So Ash called her to talk about their relationship, obviously. She said that he asked her why she was ignoring him for the last few days. At first she tried to hide the truth about her thought of rebound and all but Ash was compelling her as he knew that something was off. So she didn't have any other choice but to tell him what was going on in her mind all along. She blurted out everything that kept bugging her mind from the day they began to date."

"What did he say?" asked Zinnia, poking her chin out.

"He didn't deny it."

"That schmuck! So Amy's suspicion was right?"

"Yeah, it was. After hearing nothing from him when she asked whether she was just a rebound to get over his ex, Amy was about to leave him at that spot. But Ash stopped her from leaving and asked for a second chance. He said he missed her and he knew her worth only when she was slipping out of his hands. Just like you said, Zin."

Zinnia smiled faintly and shrugged her shoulders. 

"He was constantly apologizing and asking her to give him one more chance and that he will be as good as before. He promised to be with Amy everytime, even after college," I said.