ℙ𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥 ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕤

Start from the beginning

But not Danish. Wait, why am I thinking about Danish?

"He knows that you won't be his but still he asked you out because he didn't want to carry that burden forever. He was trying to forget you even before he asked you out."

I nodded my head.

"Yeah, so he said what happened. Seeing my face, he knew something was off. So when he asked me, I didn't hesitate to tell him because I wanted someone to talk to and so I told him everything about Ash."

"What did he say?"

"He said he didn't like Ash from the beginning and he thought I was an absolute idiot for dating a jerk like him."

I looked at her for sometime before bursting into laughter. Seeing me, Amy let out a chuckle and said, "Yeah, I know. It's funny."

"It's true though. Ok, then?" I asked, controlling my laughter.

"And then, we talked for some time and it felt really good. We were enjoying each other's company and wondered why we didn't talk all these days. It was like we were missing each other out all this time. We then swapped numbers and called and texted every day, all day. And when I told him I wasn't well, it was him who looked after me when my mom went to work. He bought me medicines and food," she said, pointing at the plastic cover on the dining table.

"We began to have feelings for each other. We understood that even without us confessing. And then yesterday night, he asked me to be his girlfriend to which I said yes at that second because, Elka, Clay has treated me in a whole different way than Ash. Clay tells me how special I am and how much I mean to him whenever he gets the chance. And I exactly want a guy like that. He loves my flaws, loves my imperfections, he loves me for who I am without expecting anything in return. I have never felt this happy, Elka. You know how my life is. A single mom who works day in and out for me and I don't remember how my father looks as he abandoned me and my mom when I was a baby. You know everything about me and accepted it and that's why you're my best friend. The one I would look upto for anything. Besides you, it's Clay."

There's someone before Clay, Amy. 

I nodded my head. 

"What's with you being scared of judgments? Do you think I would judge you for something like this?"

"I have always been scared of judgements, Elka. And I know that you won't judge me. You'll be the last person on earth who would do that. But it's me. I was scared of what you would think of me. I dated Ash for just two weeks and I already liked him. And then Clay. I thought you would think of me as some girl who catches feelings for boys quickly which I'm not. Trust me, Elka. Many people in our college look at me as if I'm desperate for attention as I dated the college hottie. But they don't know anything about Ash using me as a rebound and all, well they don't care about my part to tell the truth. I was about to tell you about Clay but I needed some time."

"I get it. I understand," I said.

Amy smiled and nodded her head.

"Well, compared to that trash, Clay is far far better than Ash. I know he's a good guy and if you're really happy with him, then don't give a fuck about anything or anyone, Amy. You are a girl who deserves to be happy and if Clay is your happiness, then what do you have to think about?" I said.