◌ chapter five ◌

Playlist

1. Dream Girl — Ir Sais, Rauw Alejandro

2. What You Know Bout Love — Pop Smoke

3. Feel Something — Bea Miller

4. Yo x Ti, Tu x Mi — ROSALIA, Ozuna

"After you," Julian said as he opened the door to this cafe we had decided to go to for lunch today. I walked in and looked around, it was very beautiful and there was a lot of sunlight coming in from the numerous windows around.

"You found this place?" I asked as I stared in awe at the decorations everywhere.

I felt his arm wrap around my waist and he nodded giving me a small kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah I searched everywhere on yelp. It just seemed...like you. It reminded me of you." He added as we walked to an open booth in a corner.

I sat down and set down my phone and purse on the side and then looked at Julian who sat right across from me.

We talked about just about everything we could think of to get to know each other. He told me about his friendship with the guys and how Sweetea began. I told him about my life in Chicago and in college before I came to L.A. And then we both started talking about YouTube.

We were now waiting for our food to arrive after ordering, while sipping on our drinks. I stirred my straw around my sprite and looked down for a second, trying to think of the best way to bring up this conversation.

"So you know how I told you I wanted to talk to you about something last night?" I brought up as I glanced up at him. I think he could tell I was a bit nervous because he reached over to grab my hand. I smiled softly and continued.

"I guess the reason why I acted that way is because I'm afraid, Julian. I'm afraid of what I feel for you, and it's only been a few days." I said with a sigh. He had a look of worry in his eyes.

"D-do you mean it in a bad way or something?" He asked noticing my pause. I bit my lip softly and shook my head no.

"No J...it's just that something happened in Chicago that I haven't told you about. And to be honest, I don't know if its too soon to bring this up at the place we are at with our...relationship." I said.

Julian nodded understandingly and then took a sip of his own drink. He cleared his throat, "I want you to tell me whatever you want when you feel comfortable enough to do so. You're right, it's only been a few days since we first met. But at least for me, I feel like I'm talking to my best friend." He admitted.

Another smile grew on my face at his comment. He truly made me feel special.

I took a deep breath in and looked out the window for a second as a bunch of memories with my ex and I started to come back to me.

"He cheated on me after we both had left to different schools." I said in a quiet voice. I tried avoiding eye contact with Julian as I felt my eyes water. "And I understand that long distance relationships are hard to keep up with. But I gave it my all, Julian. I really did. I fucking face timed him every night. I even spent my spring break visiting him." I felt my voice crack and I stopped talking.

I sighed turning to look at Julian who had a lot of emotion in his eyes as well. He was feeling what I was feeling in that very moment. And it was then that I knew that I could trust him to tell him the rest.

"After a few months of doing this, he began to stop talking to me. Always postponing shit. And then I found out he had cheated on me." I said as I sniffled back some tears.