40

You slept in Spencer's arms, smiling when he woke you up with kisses

You slept in Spencer's arms, smiling when he woke you up with kisses. You couldn't wait to leave the hospital. The nurse came in and smiled at you. "Alright Miss Y/N, you're all set to go after the OBGYN comes in to talk to you."

"OBGYN?" You asked, sitting up. Spence held your waist gently, looking worried.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Gibson," a nice brunette woman said as she entered. "Would you like to speak alone?"

"No, no, he can stay," you muttered. Spencer rubbed your back softly.

"Miss Y/N, due to your stress, you suffered a miscarriage," she said gently. You looked at Spencer, tears welling in your eyes.

"I was pregnant? I didn't know I was pregnant," you asked, looking between the doctor and Spencer.

"You were six weeks along. Had you not come in for your other injuries, you would have never known. But, it's my duty to inform you. I'm so sorry," she said, smiling politely. You nodded.

"Thank you," you muttered, closing your eyes. As soon as she left you began to cry, holding your head between your knees.

"I'm so sorry pretty girl," Spencer soothed, pulling you close. You jerked away from him, shaking your head.

"Don't touch me, you must hate me," you whispered.

"Baby, it's not your fault," he said, pulling you into his lap. "I'm just glad you're safe and sound and back to me."

"But Spencer, I was pregnant," you said quietly, fidgeting under his touch.

"I know Y/N. But you didn't do anything wrong. This was not your fault and I won't let you blame yourself," he said kindly, tilting your chin to look into your eyes.

"You still want to be with me?" You asked, meeting his glassy eyes.

"What kind of silly question is that? You're the love of my life, my future, my fairytale ending. I would never, ever, leave you," Spencer said reassuringly, running his fingers through your hair. You melted into him, sobbing. "Let's go home baby, you deserve a nice bath."

"Spence, you're not mad at me right?"

"Pretty girl, I promise I'm not mad. You didn't do anything wrong," he said softly, kissing your head.

"Let's go home," you muttered, getting up.

As soon as you got home,  you disappeared into Spencer's bedroom and hid under the covers. You waited for Spencer to come and check on you but he didn't. And, you fell asleep at some point, exhausted from the tears and the pain.

Spencer didn't want to bother you so he stayed out for the entire day. He came home and slipped under the covers, reaching for you. "Spence? You're back?" you asked, waking up.

"Yeah. Come here," he whispered, his voice low. You scurried into his arms, your tears stopping momentarily.

"I missed you."