67

I have risen from the dead to write this chapter. Basically, this past semester hit me like a truck and between working 30 hours a week and taking an 18-credit course load and working out every day, I decided to switch career paths and apply to medical school.

Yeah, you read that right. I decided to ditch the PhD idea and apply to medical school and had to study for the godforsaken MCAT (which I took a few weeks ago) and have been working on my application ever since.

Anyway, I know no one cares that much about my personal life being so scrambled it could be eggs. Happy reading!

 Happy reading!

-

You shook your head, smiling at your daughter as she ran towards you, tripping over her feet. It was the twins first birthday and Spencer insisted on throwing a making it a big thing. So you threw a huge party in your house, your new house.

You had just moved into a big house, one that was 3 down from David Rossi's. You told Spencer it was ridiculous but he insisted. Said he wanted his kids to have a yard to play in and family nearby. You smiled at the way he phrased it. The BAU was his family, and by proxy, yours. And you were glad he had them.

You had the bare essentials unpacked but nothing else. Between work and cases, you and Spencer were never home. The twins had the sweetest nanny but you weren't about to have her unpack your dishes.

And today, the twins birthday. Spencer had been bothering you for weeks to make it a big thing. You were happy he was so involved but also wanted to strangle him because he was a little too obsessed. But, what marriage doesn't have a little bit of subtle murderous tendencies.

Spencer came outside to where you were fixing the cookie table. You turned and saw your son in his arms, wearing a tiny bow tie, which was Spencer's choice. "Oh look at my handsome boy," you said, opening your arms. Spencer placed Lee into them, kissing your forehead.

"I do clean up pretty nice," he teased.

"Mr. 187, you got jokes?"

Spencer laughed and laced his arms around you, leaning down to your ear. "It's Doctor," he whispered, biting your earlobe before walking away. You watched him go, a mild blush rushing up your cheeks. It had been 4 years since you'd met and he still gave you butterflies.

-

Rossi arrived first, being that he lived 3 doors down. He handed you two envelopes. "Just a little something."

"Don't tell me you bought them a country," you teased.

"That's reserved for their 16th birthday Y/N," he replied, kissing your cheek. "Now, where are those little ones, I missed them."

"Spencer has Lee and I believe Diana or my mom has Annabel. They're in the living room."

Five minutes later, JJ and Will arrived with Henry and Michael. Hotch was right behind them, carrying Jack in on his shoulders. "How are they already one?" JJ asked, shaking her head.