48

You opened the right door of the lecture hall, walking in and leaning against the wall

You opened the right door of the lecture hall, walking in and leaning against the wall. You smiled, holding two coffees in your hands, looking up at the clock. 11:59 am. You were a minute early.

Spencer stood at the front of the room, pointing at the board. He waved his hands, explaining how to determine if an unsub is devolving. He looked over and met your eyes momentarily, smirking softly. He clapped his hands, ending the class.

You removed yourself from the wall, walking towards him as students packed up and filed out. "Hi," he whispered, grinning and taking the coffee from your hand. As soon as the last student left, he kissed you softly, his free hand resting on your waist. You smiled, pulling away and tracing a finger along his chest. "Hi," you replied.

"I didn't know you were coming."

"I had some free time between protocols."

"Well, I'm glad. Want to get some lunch?"

"Anything to spend extra time with you," you answered, kissing his cheek. He smiled and interlocked his fingers with yours, leading you out of the room.

You left Spencer momentarily, going to get a salad from the little cafe. You exited the cafe, making your way to Spencer. You found him sitting at a table, taking a sip of the coffee. "I brought you one too," you said, taking a seat across from him.

"Thanks pretty girl," he said, opening his salad. You smiled and reached for his hand across the table, lacing your fingers with his. "So when are you done for the day?"

"In about an hour. Do you want to come with me?"

"To your lab?"

"Yeah!" you replied excitedly. He nodded, smiling and kissing your hand softly before returning to his salad.

You eventually stood up, going to throw away the trash. "Y/N!" someone called, making you stop and turn.

"Hey Jake!" you said with a smile, maneuvering the take out boxes in your hands.

"I didn't think I'd be seeing you around. I hear congratulations are in order for the new lab."

"Oh thank you! I just got it set up a few months ago, I'm very excited for the project," you said, grinning as your bag's strap fell off your shoulder. Jake nodded, stepping closer and placing it back from the spot it left.

"That's so good to hear. We should catch up, you know, outside of the Brain project," he said, giving you a smile.

"Yeah for sure!" you said, nodding. "I should get going though, my fiancé is waiting for me."

"Fiancé? Congrats! Do I know him?"

"Maybe! Dr. Spencer Reid. He's teaching a class for the FBI internship program this semester."

"That's really interesting, yeah I've heard his name. Well, have a good rest of your day, I'll be seeing you at the meeting tomorrow morning?"

"Bye jake! See you then," you said, walking to the trash can. You returned to Spencer and held out your hand. He stuck his hands in his pockets, walking a few steps in front of you. You rolled your eyes, annoyed at his attitude change.

You reached your lab, him finally having to stop because you had the ID to get in. You grabbed his hand and pulled him into your office, shutting the door and closing the blinds. "You need to knock it off," you muttered, shaking your head. "This is starting to piss me off Spencer."

"Y/N," he said softly before you cut him off again.

"You cannot sulk every time I talk to a person of the opposite gender. I have guy friends, you never had a problem with Nate. You're fine with me flirting with Derek. So what is your problem?"

"Y/N."

"Like seriously, I'm getting tired of this. You need to figure out a better way to handle your emotions. Honestly Spence-" you continued, being cut off by Spencer's hands in your hair, pulling your lips to his.

He pulled away, the only sound in the room being your soft breaths. "Baby, I'm sorry. I know you love me. My brain knows it. But sometimes I overthink. What if you wake up one day and realize I'm not the one for you? What if you wake up and realize you can do better?"

You frowned, watching him tear up. You blinked rapidly, trying to fight off tears as your eyes also began to sting. "Spencer, I love you. Only you. Forever you. And I love that big brain of yours. But don't find issues where there aren't any. Please, I don't like this side of you. I don't know how much more I can take."

He nodded, his hands holding your waist faintly. You cupped his face**, pushing yourself up against him as you kissed him, being interrupted by a knock at the door. "I have to go, I have to finish my experiment." He nodded, releasing you. "Go home Spence, I'll meet you there soon."

Your protocol finished an hour later and you made your way to your office, sitting down and holding your head in your hands. You opened your laptop, trying to finish up some emails. But, three hours later, you were still in your office, dreading the idea of going home.

Eventually you left the building, driving home and entering the house to see Spencer asleep on the couch. You didn't want to bother him so you let him be, getting ready for bed.

When you exited your shower, he was sitting on the edge of the bed, his hands running through his hair. You walked over to him, sitting down next to him, crossing your legs.

"Spence, I was serious before. It's always been you. I don't know if you believe in fate, but I do. And I swear, I was meant to find you, to love you, to spend forever with you."

Spencer looked up and his face softened, pulling you into his arms, hugging you tightly. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I promise I'll stop thinking like that." You nodded, nuzzling your face in his chest. "I love you," he whispered, kissing the top of your head.

You pulled away and looked up, about to say something when the shrill of a phone cut you off. He grimaced and picked up. "Reid here. Where? Alright, yeah. Ok. Bye," he said, closing the phone and putting it down next to him.

"Case?"

"I'm sorry. I don't want to leave you. I'm sorry."

"Never apologize for saving people Spence. I'll be here when you get back."

"I'll be counting down the minutes," he muttered, kissing you one last time before grabbing his go bag and leaving. You sighed, flopping onto the bed, your brain swimming with thoughts.

-
I'm sorry I've been MIA it's finals season and I have 4 within 48 hours so I am currently trying to cram everything about physics into my brain.