6

Spencer sighed as he left your apartment building and reached his car

Spencer sighed as he left your apartment building and reached his car. He turned it on, the wipers beginning to move as the rain hit the windshield softly. He put the car in drive before putting it back in park. He looked down at his phone and called someone, someone who would have good advice.

"Reid, are you ok?" came the voice of Derek Morgan through the phone.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I have a hypothetical scenario for you, if you have a moment."

"Yeah sure kid, what's up?"

"Ok so if you're on what you would consider a date with a girl and she's very touchy that's good right?"

"Yes, Reid, that's good," Derek replied.

"And then it seems like she's going to kiss you, ok?"

"Reid..."Derek began.

"And then another guy shows up at her door and hugs her and she smiles at him like she's never smiled at you before," Reid continues, cutting Derek off from his sentence. As he was speaking, he heard a beep on his phone. He looked down and saw a text from you, stopping his speech.

Y/N: "thank you for the dinner, though I don't think you're off the hook for the real thing. I expect you to keep your promise :)"

"Reid, everything ok?" Derek questioned upon hearing the silence.

"Yeah. Yeah, everything's fine. So continuing with the hypothetical, what if the same girl kissed you on the cheek before you left and then sent you a text about how she wants to see you again?"

"Reid, this isn't a hypothetical, is it?"

"It's completely hypothetical Morgan. Just tell me what you would do in this scenario," Reid assured him. He bit his lip, not knowing what Derek would say.

"I would say she clearly likes you and that you should go knock on her door and kiss her. Sweep her off her feet pretty boy. Also, don't worry about the other guy. He's no competition unless he's also got 3 PhDs and an IQ of 187," Derek said authoritatively.

"Knock on her door and kiss her? But what if you're wrong?"

"Kid, this is the one thing on this planet that I'm more knowledgeable about. There's a reason you called me. So, go kiss this hypothetical girl."

"Thanks Derek. Sorry for bothering you."

"Never. Now, play on playa," Derek teased before he hung up. Reid put the phone in his pocket** and unbuckled his seat belt, getting out of the car. He closed the door and turned, shrieking lightly.

"Y/N, you quite literally gave me a heart attack," he exclaimed, his eyes realizing you were the strange figure that appeared before him.

You looked at him with a soft smile, stepping closer to him. "Didn't mean to scare you Spencer. But, you left something inside and I just didn't want you to leave without it," you replied, taking your hands out of your jacket pockets.

"I left something? Well, I'm sure it wasn't anything important."

"I'd say it was pretty important," you retorted. He looked at you in confusion as you stepped closer to him, your face being illuminated by the street light. You took a deep breath and leaned up to kiss him, your arms wrapping around his neck. He responded almost immediately, his hands wrapping around your waist, pulling you closer. You stayed in this embrace for a few seconds until the rain intensified.

You pulled away and smiled lightly, your hands playing with the hair at the nape of his neck. "That was definitely important," he whispered. "So important that I think I may have left more than one."

You grinned and kissed him again, this time, he had you pressed against his car, the rain drenching you both. "Spencer Reid, you sure do know how to kiss," you muttered. He chuckled softly, resting his forehead against yours.

"You should go inside, it's getting worse," he advised.

You groaned in response. "You should come with," you mumbled, pressing your face against his chest. You could hear his heart beat quicken.

"I really should be getting home. But, I'll definitely be planning a follow-up dinner. How's Tuesday night?"

"It's perfect. I will see you then. Drive safe Spencer," you said, pulling away and walking towards the apartment complex's door. You turned before entering and saw him sitting in his car, a smile on his face as he reversed out of the spot. You were looking forward to seeing him again. He made your stomach feel like it was a botanical garden filled with butterflies.